Performance QA Engineer | Holborn | Permanent
As a Performance QA Engineer, you will be responsible for working with the Agile Sprint team on the continuous improvement of the development process, ensuring agile test automation principles are embedded in the development cycle.
Whitbread is the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Premier Inn and some of the UK's most loved restaurants. By 2020, our goal is to increase the number of Premier Inn UK rooms to an incredible 85,000. There has never been a more exciting time to Whitbread!
What you’ll be doing:
- Drives the performance testing of a product at each stage of the development cycle.
- Works closely with the Product Owner and Developers to understand functional requirements and acceptance criteria
- to ensure high quality BDD test cases and automation scripts are produced.
- Supporting the relevant scrum events; planning/user story estimation, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews/ demos & retros
- to ensure that quality code, based on solid unit testing principles are released into Production on a regular CI cycle.
- Undertakes automated testing throughout sprints to prevent any time lag between development and release.
- Constantly embeds automated testing techniques, particularly to support regression testing across all product
- platforms within Sprints and for releases.
- Constantly demonstrates that quality and the customer is always the focus.
- Tracks KPIs to monitor and improve our QA approach and results.
- Supports growth and development objectives within the team and reinforces efforts to deliver effectively and efficiently.
- Supports the development of Whitbread’s standards / tools / techniques for Automated Testing through collaboration with other Whitbread QA teams.
What we’d like you to have:
- Understanding of test environment architecture - Servers, applications and data bases
- Experience of implementing Performance testing frameworks (JMeter, Load Runner, NeoLoad).
- Preparing test plan, work-load model, scripting, load executions, reporting and analysis.
- Updating NFR’s as and when required for load executions.
- Ideally have a developer background (Preferably Java)
- Strong Agile testing experience (Scrum/Kanban)
- Good experience of Continuous Integration (CI), i.e. Jenkins, Maven, Docker
- Good experience with metric analytics & visualization suite (Grafana, Kibana)
- Good experience of JIRA/Confluence/Zephyr/GitHub/Slack
- Must be a team player as the role requires, working closely with the QA and Development team.
- Good experience of working with Real time monitoring tools like New Relic or App Dynamics
- Good level understanding of system architecture, system health, memory usage, network I/O usage etc.
- Experience of working with Linux based machines
- Experience establishing test standards and documentation.