Performance Test Engineer | Holborn | Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Performance Test Engineer within our digital hub in London. Are you experienced with non functional and performance testing? Would you like to work on a product that handles nearly £2 billion in transactions per year? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
We are proud of our tech stack. Our QA engineers get the opportunity to work with Java, JMeter, Selenium, Jenkins, Docker. That being said, we are always looking for new technologies that will enhance the products we build for our customers and our engineers play a big part in suggesting and shaping our technology choices.
What continues to set us apart are our excellent products and people. In Premier Inn, we have the UK’s favourite budget hotel chain, currently outperforming the market and ambitious for more as we execute our plans in both the UK and Germany. We have much loved brands such as Beefeater, Brewers Fayre, Bar + Block alongside exciting up and coming propositions such as Cookhouse & Pub.
We remain true to our values and put our people at the centre of everything we do. Throughout this crisis we a proud to have supported our nations Key Workers by providing accommodation throughout the pandemic.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drives the performance testing of a product at each stage of the development cycle.
- Works closely with the Product Owner and Developers to understand functional requirements and acceptance criteria
- to ensure high quality BDD test cases and automation scripts are produced.
- Supporting the relevant scrum events; planning/user story estimation, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews/ demos & retros
- to ensure that quality code, based on solid unit testing principles are released into Production on a regular CI cycle.
- Undertakes automated testing throughout sprints to prevent any time lag between development and release.
- Constantly embeds automated testing techniques, particularly to support regression testing across all product
- platforms within Sprints and for releases.
- Constantly demonstrates that quality and the customer is always the focus.
- Tracks KPIs to monitor and improve our QA approach and results.
- Supports growth and development objectives within the team and reinforces efforts to deliver effectively and efficiently.
- Supports the development of Whitbread’s standards / tools / techniques for Automated Testing through collaboration with other Whitbread QA teams.
What we’d like you to have:
- Understanding of test environment architecture - Servers, applications and databases
- Experience of implementing Performance testing frameworks (JMeter, Load Runner, NeoLoad).
- Preparing test plan, work-load model, scripting, load executions, reporting and analysis.
- Updating NFR’s as and when required for load executions.
- Ideally have a developer background (Preferably Java)
- Strong Agile testing experience (Scrum/Kanban)
- Good experience of Continuous Integration (CI), i.e. Jenkins, Maven, Docker
- Good experience with metric analytics & visualization suite (Grafana, Kibana)
- Good experience of JIRA/Confluence/Zephyr/GitHub/Slack
- Must be a team player as the role requires, working closely with the QA and Development team.
- Good experience of working with Real time monitoring tools like New Relic or AppDynamics
- Good level understanding of system architecture, system health, memory usage, network I/O usage etc.
- Experience of working with Linux based machines
- Experience establishing test standards and documentation.