Need to know
We are currently recruiting for a full time Relief Pharmacist in the Redruth, Cornwall area. Being a Relief Pharmacist with Boots means you will support a variety of stores in the area, working with different patients in different environements, boosting your experience & skills very quickly!Redruth is a small town in the centre of Cornwall, so you will be close to a lot of the beautiful beaches. There are also good rail & bus links to the surrounding towns, with plenty of shops on the high street
Pharmacists we are recruiting across Cornwall for both fixed term and permanent positions, to find out about the positions we are recruiting for please email [email protected]
“I relocated from Denmark to the UK six years ago, I started with Boots with less than a years’ experience as a Relief Pharmacist. I quickly progressed to a management role in store attached to a Health centre in Holsworthy. Since then I have had two children, I have been nominated for the Pharmacist of the year award and I am now a store leader of a rapidly growing store with a thriving retail store with a rapidly growing pharmacy.” - Majken Winther, Store 391 Newquay
We are the UK’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK, our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they thought possible. For almost 170 years, we have used our expertise to help improve the health and wellbeing of local communities. Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance.
What you can expect:
As a Pharmacist with us, it goes without saying that you’ll be providing excellent customer and patient care it’s more than just dispensing medicine, it’s listening to and inspiring others whilst giving them your expert advice and reassurance.
- Delivering the pharmacy strategy through providing expert care and advice
- Accountable for legal and ethical decisions in the pharmacy
- Building pharmacy capability of store teams
- Conducting continual review through audit, observations and risk assessment to ensure customer and patient safety is paramount
- Delivering a range of professional pharmacy services
What’s in it for you?
Pharmacists are at the heart of our business and have been since we opened our first pharmacy 170 years ago. We know how important it is to reward the great work they do. We have a range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit individual needs. These include:
- Competitive base salary
- Market leading pension contributions
- Annual performance based bonus
- 33 days including bank holidays with the option to buy more
- Bespoke location benefits that could include relocation support, location allowance, location honorarium (dependent on location)
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Boots staff discount
- GPHC fees paid
- Contribution towards RPS fees
- Access to our benefits platform such as cycle to work, child care vouchers, additional holiday purchase, gym discount, dental insurance, life insurance, critical illness insurance to name a few!
What’s next for you?
Click here to explore how your Pharmacy career can progress with us…
Career Progression:You will be able to develop your career with a wide variety of opportunities. From continuing your professional development in clinical services, to becoming one of over 2,200 Macmillan Information Pharmacists, or progressing into store management, we’ll give you all the training and support you need from our award winning L&D team.
Variety: With the opportunity to work in the community, in local health centres, care services and hospitals, to busy retail stores and airports, you will be able to do what you love, in a store that you love. You’ll be working in a fast paced, inspiring environment that allows you to deliver genuine care and build great relationships with your patients, customers, and your team.
What you need: To be successful in this role you will have a professional, caring character and a true desire to help others feel good. In addition you will:
- Be registered with relevant pharmacy regulator (GPhC, PSNI, PSI)
- Demonstrate high levels of professional expertise and be widely respected by stakeholders, peers, patients, customers and external local professionals
- Have a passion for community pharmacy and providing the best care for our customers.
- Have a love of working collaboratively with a team-centred approach
- Have excellent knowledge of pharmacy operations and provisions of national and local services
- Role model communication skills; you will hold excellent face to face interactions to effectively meet the varied needs of customers and patients in pharmacy
We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.