The Philanthropy Senior Event Manager will lead on delivering a successful fundraising Gala Ball, in partnership with our corporate partner Morrison’s, in Manchester on 24th September 2020. The event aims to celebrate CLIC Sargent’s partnership with Morrison’s by inviting around 350 guests comprising of Morrison’s suppliers, celebrities, and CLIC Sargent's young people and their families, to come together for an exclusive evening of fundraising and entertainment.
Philanthropy Manager Responsibilities:
The Philanthropy Senior Events Manager will work closely alongside the Stewardship & Philanthropy Event Team Manager to support and implement CLIC Sargent’s cultivation and stewardship program, including events and communications in support of the charity’s target for philanthropic and partnership income. This role is crucial to supporting significant growth across all of the high value fundraising programmes. The Philanthropy Senior Events Team Manager is responsible for developing and delivering unique and meaningful ways to cultivate, thank, recognise and update donors on their support to CLIC Sargent.
Philanthropy Manager Requirements:
- Demonstrable experience of developing and implementing cultivation and / or income generating events which inspire and engage a high value audience Involvement in strategic planning & programme design of major event / high value activity.
- Proven experience of managing and developing relationships with high profile, wealthy and / or influential individuals and senior volunteers, inspiring and motivating them to exceed targets.
- Experience of directly managing a committee and relationships with board / committee chair.
- Experience and knowledge on the role of stewardship in fundraising, as well as experience in managing effective donor relationships.
- Experience of using a fundraising relationship management database.
We are always looking for talented people from all backgrounds, to join us and help improve the lives of children and young people with cancer and their families. We particularly want to encourage people from under-represented groups to step forward and apply to work or volunteer with CLIC Sargent.
CLIC Sargent is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
About CLIC Sargent:
Today, 12 children and young people in the UK hear the shocking news they have cancer. CLIC Sargent is the UK’s leading cancer charity for children and young people, and their families, and provides them with clinical, practical, emotional and financial support. You can be a part of helping them cope with cancer and get the most out of life.
Location: London, W6 8JA
Job type: Part Time, 9 months Temporary Contract, until December 2020, 21 hours per week
Salary: £36,764 - £40,036 (FTE)
Benefits: In return for your commitment, we offer a great reward package, which includes generous annual leave entitlement, pension scheme and season ticket loan.
Closing Date: 27 March 2020
You may have experience of the following: Philanthropy Manager, Partnerships Manager, Head of Philanthropy, Fundraiser, Senior Fundraising Officer, Fundraising Manager, Major Gifts, Corporate Partnerships, Charity, Development Manager, Charities, Third Sector, NFP, Not for Profit, etc.
£36,764 - £40,036 (FTE)
18 days ago