Platform Services Engineer| Dunstable | Permanent
With the expansion of Premier Inn & Restaurants in the domestic and International markets, and the increased consumption of SaaS and a shift in moving traditional Infrastructure to the cloud, Whitbread are looking to grow an in-house Platform Services function to support our traditional datacentres and Azure/AWS services.
With a strong desire to utilise cloud computing, a dedicated team of highly technical engineers is required to help design, plan and move our IT infrastructure to cloud, ensuring that we continue to modernise our current processes and IT infrastructure and continue to provide a first class service to support our business functions.
Whitbread is the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Premier Inn and Beefeater. By the end of 2020, our goal is to increase the number of Premier Inn UK rooms to an incredible 85,000. All while creating around 3,000 UK jobs a year and continuing to expand our presence worldwide. There has never been a more exciting time to Whitbread!
About the role:
The Platform Services Engineer for Support Centre is responsible for the continued management and support of the on-premise and cloud infrastructure. The role holder will use their technical knowledge to continually maintain and monitor the underlying platforms, ensuring they remain performant and available in line with business requirements, suggesting improvements for the support centre infrastructure and contribute towards project delivery with a “cloud first” mentality.
The role will also be responsible for managing and maintaining core SaaS and authentication services such as O365 and AAD.
The role holder will be required to translate requirements into technical solutions and processes, creating an open and approachable atmosphere.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be the subject matter expert for on-premise and cloud platforms
- Manage the configuration and life cycle management of on-premise and cloud infrastructure, ensuring that the systems remain complaint and adhere to our security policies and standards
- Ongoing administration of core SaaS services such as Office 365, Exchange Online and AAD
- Asset and License management
- Facilitate the migration of our on-premise infrastructure to cloud
- Maintain the Platform Services ticket queues, ensuring that SLA’s are met in accordance with the Incident, Major Incident and Problem Management processes
- Work with third party Vendors to ensure that they continue to provide a consistent level of service
- Ensure that all platforms remain performant in line with business requirements and have sufficient capacity to deliver the underlying service now and for the future
- Ensure our environments are sufficiently backed up, ensure that adequate disaster recovery tests and failovers are performed in line with the business RPO and RTO
- Facilitate the delivery of project work according to business need
- Highlight opportunities to improve/evolve technology platforms to the benefit of the business
- Assist with testing and validation of changes and/or deployments where necessary
- Provide 3rd line support to major incidents
- Contribute to and maintain the Technology Services documentation repository, ensure oversight of supplier documentation where required
What you’ll need:
- Expert Knowledge and understanding of at least 3 of the following technologies
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Administration
- Active Directory / AAD Administration
- Microsoft System Centre
- Exchange Online
- OS lifecycle management and security patching
- Knowledge of the latest industry trends / standards / tools / technologies for EUC devices
- Demonstrable, strong working knowledge of ITIL Service Management framework and process areas