Platform Test Engineer | Dunstable | Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Platform Test Engineer within our Support Centre in Dunstable. Looking for the opportunity to manage the testing environment for corporate and outlet projects? Would you like the chance to be involved with bleeding-edge technologies? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
Whitbread is the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Premier Inn and Beefeater. By the end of 2020, our goal is to increase the number of Premier Inn UK rooms to an incredible 85,000. All while creating around 3,000 UK jobs a year and continuing to expand our presence worldwide. There has never been a more exciting time to Whitbread!
About the role:
The Platform Services Test Engineer is responsible for the continued management and testing of the corporate and outlet build, its hardware and its applications. Responsible for defining and executing comprehensive test plans, analysing functional testing and requirements, as well as performance testing of both hardware and software. Ensure that all hardware, applications and their updates are fully tested before being deployed to the wider estate.
The Platform Services Test Engineer will also be responsible for maintaining the testing environments, ensuring that there is enough capacity to perform required tests for both BAU and wider project work.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be a subject matter expert for application, update and hardware testing
- Manage the test environments, including but not limited to the on-site test labs and cloud testing environments
- Manage the test processes and test plans, ensuring all hardware, applications, updates and changes go through an adequate test plan before wider deployment
- Provide reporting for tested application deployments and their updates to key stakeholders
- Perform testing on AD/GPO changes where required
- Work with project teams to ensure testing plans are factored in and executed as part of project delivery
- Test bespoke scripts in order to facilitate project and BAU activities
- Test new corporate and outlet hardware (Laptops, Printers, PEDs etc) as part of ongoing hardware refresh cycles and/or change of vendors
- Ensure the core builds are kept in line with testing processes
- Work with third parties to ensure testing of 3rd party applications is performed in line with Vendor recommendations
- Perform disaster recovery tests and failovers on our Infrastructure, ensuring they are performing in line with the business RPO and RTO
- Assist in maintaining the Platform Services ticket queues, ensuring that SLA’s are met in accordance with the Incident, Major Incident and Problem Management processes
- Manage third party Vendors to ensure that they continue to provide a consistent level of service, with a focus on ensuring we drive value for money
- Ensure that all testing platforms remain performant in line with business requirements and have sufficient capacity to deliver the underlying service now and for the future
What you’ll need:
- Testing processes and procedures, including application and operating system testing
- Performance and Load Testing
- Hardware testing
- Knowledge and understanding of:
- SCCM application deployment,
- Windows 10
- EPOS platforms and associated hardware (Tills, Receipt Printers, PEDs etc)
- Active Directory