£36456 - £41555 per annum
3 months ago
The project and policy officers will support the Insight and Policy Service Manager to deliver a wide range of existing projects and develop and shape corporate policy and strategy.
Policy Officer Responsibilities:
• Create and manage project plans for key projects which fall under the remit of Insight and Policy, ensuring actions are completed to deadline, reporting to the service manager on any overdue or delayed outcomes
• Organise project management, consultant and stakeholder meetings, and attend such meetings in a supporting role to record actions and update project plans as required
• Produce progress reports for the service manager as required
• Prepare presentations and papers for formal meetings
• Organise and support public and consultation events as required
• Liaise with officers from partner councils, as relevant
• General administration, project work and policy that supports the smooth running of the Insight and Policy service
• Any other duties that are commensurate with the role and functions of the team
Policy Officer Requirements:
• Fluent in use of IT systems, in particular excel, word, and powerpoint
• Experienced and skilled in project management, policy and strategy development
• Excellent literacy, numeracy and project management skills
• Well organised, completer finisher
• Confident and outgoing, able to liaise effectively with people at senior level in organisations
• Flexible approach, able to pick up new tasks quickly using own initiative
• Educated to degree level or an equivalent level of experience
• Full and current driving licence
• Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as required by the demands of the post
About South Oxfordshire District Council:
South Oxfordshire District Council and Vale of White Horse District Council are forward thinking local authorities, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who is able to communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme.
Location: Milton Park or Home based
Job type: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract 12 Months, 37 hours per week
Salary: £36,456 to £41,555 per annum
Benefits: A basic 24 days annual leave per annum, rising to 29 days after five years. You also have all the bank holidays to look forward to and time off between Christmas and New Year; pension scheme, cycle scheme, car lease scheme, reduced gym membership, free swims, contributory medical schemes, wellbeing appointments, free eye tests for DSE users, after work sports clubs and more, ample free parking nearby.
Closing date: Friday 17 July 2020
You may have experience of the following: Policy Officer, Legislation, Lobby, Lobbyist, Policy Planning, Researcher, Public Affairs, Policy Executive, Policy Assistant, Policy Administrator, Regulation, Regulatory, Public Sector, Local Council, etc.