Post Design Services Engineer
Are you experienced in preserving and enhancing the capability of in-service equipment? Are you looking to take on a new and exciting challenge? If so IrvinGQ have a fantastic opportunity for Post Design Services (PDS) Engineers to join our team in Llangeinor.
Post Design Services Engineer Responsibilities:
Post Design Service (PDS) is work undertaken to ensure that modifications and minor design alterations are properly appraised and, where approved, implemented. The PDS process is concerned with the redesign, redevelopment and engineering necessary for preserving an equipment’s capabilities at the performance levels formally approved by the equipment sponsor. PDS includes the Design Authority (DA) work necessary to maintain the design and manufacturing data and reference equipment. PDS may also be used for minor enhancements such as meeting new/safety legislation, or for reducing in-service support costs.
Post Design Services Engineer Requirements:
You will have extensive experience within an Aerospace / Defence organization operating a full product lifecycle, with a demonstrable track record for supporting in-service equipment in line with the UK MoD contracts and associated Def-Stans and Regulatory Articles. You will also:
• Understand how to implement modifications and minor design changes, including:
o Configuration Management of equipment build standards
o Management of the risk of change
o Development of underpinning design evidence
o Verification and Validation activities (including conduct of practical trials)
o Preparation of Design Certification documentation
• Manage own workload and the expectations of line manager, peers, internal and external stakeholders
• Support other departments in the successful delivery of existing products / services.
• Actively and positively contribute to the design and development of new products / services
• Use your detailed knowledge and understanding of current engineering technologies, possessing the skills and know-how to make things happen
• Use underpinning knowledge and expertise to exercise independent judgement and management in the delivery of the allocated tasks across the full project lifecycle.
• Produce high quality documentation in accordance with company processes and procedures. Suggest continuous improvements where appropriate.
• Understand how to tailor the work required to achieve a task within the constraints of company and customer requirements. Know how to deliver work efficiently in a controlled and structured way.
• Proactive in the design and development of new/modified products and services.
• Personally responsible for own continuing professional development; strives to strengthen skill base and extend personal capability
• Typically be qualified to degree level and a professionally registered engineer.
About Irvin GQ:
IrvinGQ is part of a highly successful international parent company. We are at the forefront of design, manufacturing and technology for an innovative range of products to worldwide customers within the demanding Aerospace and Defence sectors.
Location: Llangeinor, Bridgend CF32 8PL
Hours: Full Time, Permanent, 4 day week Monday-Thursday
You may have experience of the following: Post Design Services Engineer, PDS Engineer, PDS, Process Engineer, Engineer, Engineering, Aerospace, etc.
Post Design Services Engineer