Postal and Premises Assistant
You will join us as a Postal and Premises Assistant. The main purpose of the role is to despatch all outgoing mail and to ensure that Welland House and Bridge House are secured at the end of each working day whilst supporting the Premises Team with minor repairs.
Postal and Premises Assistant Responsibilities:
- To frank and dispatch all outgoing mail and deliver to the Post Office.
- To collect, distribute and monitor internal mail either physically or electronically.
- To ensure that Welland House and Bridge House are secure Monday to Friday.
- To undertake Saturday morning duties on a rota basis, as required.
- To undertake the distribution of stationery orders in conjunction with the Office Supplies and Premises Assistant.
- Working with the Office Supplies and Premises Assistant to retain orderly stock control and records.
- To assist with minor maintenance tasks, Portable Appliance Testing and office moves, includes lifting and carrying of a reasonable weight at all Society locations.
- To be a key holder and also be available in line with the alarm call out list.
- To provide holiday cover for other roles within the Premises function as required, including travelling to other branch locations. This service is provided to the business from 7.45am – 6.30pm Monday to Friday as well as 8.00am – 1.00pm on a Saturday.
- To assist with the sorting, preparation, checking and filing of mortgage, investment and insurance documents ready for uploading into the electronic filing system from time to time.
- Other reasonable duties as may be required.
Postal and Premises Assistant Requirements:
- GCSE English & Mathematics Grade C or above or equivalent.
- Use of Microsoft packages.
- Worked in an office environment.
- Experience of driving a delivery van
- Smart professional image.
- Prepared to provide a delivery and collection service between head office buildings and local businesses in the town centre.
- Prepared to be on a call-out list for premises matters and a key holder.
- Able to work additional hours, sometimes at short notice.
- A DBScheck will be carried out on the successful applicant.
About Market Harborough Building Society:
Since 1870, Market Harborough Building Society has been owned by its members and has continued to evolve, innovate and always put their members first. That is why they have remained a trusted provider of mortgages, savings and insurance services for 150 years.
Location: Market Harborough, Leicestershire
Job type: Part Time, Permanent
Hours: 20 hours per week, 2.30pm to 6.30pm Monday to Friday. Our Saturday working is currently suspended as our branches are closed on a Saturday. When we do re-open our branches on a Saturday, this positon will be required to work Saturday mornings on a rota basis, currently 1 in 4.
Salary: £9.30 per hour, time and a half paid for Saturday working
You may have experience of the following: Office Services Assistant, Office Assistant, Office Administrator, Customer Services, Post Room Operative, Premises Assistant, Facilities Assistant, Key Holder, etc.
Postal and Premises Assistant