Location : London, Warrington
The prevent team contribute towards the collection of strategic and tactical intelligence to assist in bringing offenders to justice and to inform the broader cyber-crime landscape. They are tasked with investigations at the national and international level, engaging with NCA, RCCU's and external partners Law Enforcement partners including overseas law enforcement and UK intelligence partners.
This is a role within the NCCU Operations (Investigations). The post holder(s) will lead a team of Prevent Officers and work collaboratively with the Prevent Network and other strategic partners in delivering the strategic objectives of the National Prevent framework.
The ideal candidate will hold Police powers to meet the operational requirement of this role.
• Adopting a threat led and intelligence driven approach, identifying emerging challenges and changes to the threat landscape
• Creating and maintaining strong, influential relationships both within the NCA and with partners, such as Strategic Governance Groups
• Setting priorities, directing and amplifying the most effective and appropriate Prepare, Prevent, Protect and Pursue response through the Strategic Action Plans and roles and responsibility grids
• Developing national capabilities and our non-Pursue capabilities
Responsibilities• Work in partnership with Regional Prevent who are responsible for identifying pathways into criminality, identifying inventions points and deterring those involved in Cybercrime.
• Line manage responsibilities for NCCU Prevent officers
• Promote and ensure delivery against set and agreed regional Prevent objectives
• Assess intelligence and multi-source information in order to identify and report thematic / criminal pathway trends
• Provide strategic leadership for the national Prevent intelligence collection, target discovery, development and delivery of interventions and positive diversion schemes
***All NCA officers must hold SC Enhanced upon entry as a minimum. To meet the National Security Vetting requirements for this role you will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the past 5 years. For more information please see the Candidate information Pack***
NCA welcomes applications from individuals with a range of Neurodivergent thinking styles and from those who may require reasonable adjustments.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Working Together
- Communicating and Influencing
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Good understanding of investigation methods and prevention techniques and opportunities
- Experience of developing, implementing and monitoring new initiatives and innovations.
- Understanding of the current cyber landscape threats and its impact on the UK
- Good understanding of UK legislation that enables the deployment of pro-active tactics and intelligence gathering techniques in order to exploit evidence gathering opportunities.