Role: Pricing & Events Analyst – Fixed Term Contract
Location: Holborn – flexible
As part of our Trading Team, this role plays an important part in the implementation, measurement and optimisation of our pricing and availability strategies.
Working in collaboration with the Pricing & Events Manager (P&EM) and Trading Team, the P&E Analyst provides rigorous analysis and insight, to validate our agreed pricing and availability strategies, support effective decision making and maximise revenue and occupancy.
Leveraging all available trading levers, the SPA will ensure pricing accuracy and contradictions are delivered within KPI tolerances, whilst maximising revenue and occupancy performance of key events and instances of exceptional demand.
What you will be doing:
- Implementation, measurement and optimisation of agreed Pricing and Availability strategies across a broad area of the UK estate, to ensure rigorous delivery of performance at a site night level.
- Support the P&EM to communicate key trading insights through performance reviews, in-line with the business cycle process and aligned to commercial plans.
- Utilise MI to identify risks, issues and opportunities to revenue delivery, then work with the P&EM to formulate and implement appropriate changes to maximise performance.
- Revenue and occupancy maximisation of key events and instances of exceptional demand.
- Support the P&EM in small and step-change development of pricing models.
Why we’d love you to apply:
- Curious, detail focussed, with an ability to interpret data, identify trends and turn insight in to action plans.
- With proven analytical capability combined with strong interpersonal skills, the P&E Analyst will deliver and communicate complex performance insights to multiple stakeholders.
- A good communicator, with a proven ability to manage their own workload and time effectively, with flexibility to balance the priorities and changing needs of multiple stakeholders.
- A solid understanding of the principles of dynamic pricing and perishable inventory management are essential, with experience of working with our proprietary pricing and inventory management system highly desirable.
- Excellent attention to detail and highly numerate.
- Advanced Excel and Tableau data manipulation skills, with confident presentation capability.
As a leading British business of more than 275 years standing, we have experienced turbulent times before and adapted and evolved to remain one of the hospitality sector’s most successful companies. Built on such robust foundations, our expertise has meant we responded decisively throughout this year with our teams, guests and the continuity of our business at the heart of every decision we made. We acted quickly, to ensure we were prepared for the future, whatever it may hold.
What continues to set us apart are our excellent products and people. We have much loved brands such as Beefeater, Brewers Fayre, Bar + Block alongside exciting up and coming propositions such as Cookhouse & Pub. And in Premier Inn, we have the UK’s favourite budget hotel chain, currently outperforming the market and ambitious for more as we execute our plans in both the UK and Germany. At Whitbread, we remain true to our values and put our people at the centre of everything we do.
In return, we will offer you:
- Sharesave scheme
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- A genuine flexible working policy
- Individual BUPA healthcare
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Up to 25% discount off our brands
- Perks at work