Are you a highly experienced Commercial Manager with major scheme/project work in highways seeking a new challenge in Sheffield?
Here at Amey we have a new opportunity for an experienced QS trained, Commercial Manager to join our Transport Infrastructure division, working on the Sheffield Highways PFI contract.
This 25 year contract with Sheffield City Council offers a fantastic opportunity to a technically minded QS who is able to challenge and drive the contract with a very hands on approach.
- Driving consistency of good valuation/commercial processes both pre and post Contract including maintaining constant focus on cost reduction whilst enhancing service to clients
- Manage compliance & production of monthly CVR process in line with company policies, procedures & reporting timetables and interface with finance to ensure accurate project P & L accounts are maintained
- Deliver pre and post Contract opportunity and threat process including mitigation of risk
- Manage the compliance of commercial functions for works re-measurement, valuation of variations and resolution of measurement queries/disputes to ensure timely client payments
- Ensure Work in Progress at project level is always kept within manageable levels agreed with finance and Business Account Director/Manager
- Manage project commercial KPI's to ensure compliance
- Lead & manage sub-contract application, liability, certification and payment process, including accurate & timely measurement and reporting, ensuring payments made in accordance with contractual obligations
- Manage project forecasting activities ensuring high level of accuracy
- Participate in negotiations over contractual agreements and adherence to terms and conditions to establish preferred positions
- Lead & advise other project staff on contract obligations and measurement rules
- Deliver the pre and post Contract opportunity and risk process including mitigation of risk
- Communicate with clients and internally to promote the Amey brand and influence an end result
- Manage upwards to Account or Business Director and functionally report to Head of Commercial
- Work with key supply chain companies to develop strategies which enhance service delivery to the client
What will this role involve?
- Degree is desirable
- MRICS or equivalent
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products especially Excel and Word
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Sound knowledge of contracts
- Awareness of industry issues
- Strong desire to further Client relationships whilst ensuring that contractual entitlements are not compromised
- Good negotiation skills
- A proven track record in quantity surveying / commercial management with significant experience in a senior role
- Experience in major works/schemes/projects within highways
This is a band D role and attracts a very competitive salary plus car