Are you an experienced Quantity Surveyor seeking a new challenge in Bristol? We are recruiting for a Principle Commercial Manager to lead on the Severn Bridges contract within our Transport Infrastructure division.
What is the purpose of this role?
To implement commercial best practice to maximise value and minimise risk and cost to Amey with due regards to CRM. Support the business stream in developing and implementing commercial strategies for successfully winning bids and managing post contract activities.
What will this role involve?
- Driving consistency of good valuation/commercial processes both pre and post Contract for contracts valued £10m p.a.
- Lead commercial to deliver good p/l results across a portfolio of Contracts or bids as applicable up to a value of £10m p.a.
- Develop, in conjunction with Group procurement, good supply chain strategies for winning bids, and delivering contracts
- Deliver the pre and post Contract opportunity and risk process including mitigation of risk
- Negotiate with key customer interfaces delivering robust commercial solutions in all our bids
- Develop good strategies for further improving cash flows in this part of the business
- Communicate with clients and internally to promote the Amey brand and influence an end result
- Retain a good working relationship with bidding teams and customer
- Manage upwards to Account or Business Director and functionally report to Head of Commercial
- Support the bid director in winning strategic bids by use of good commercial strategy and process
- Support post contract activity by delivering solutions to discrete post contract strategic issues
- Support mobilisation of key contracts commercially with robust processes
- Work with key supply chain companies
- Build excellent relationships with Head of Commercial
Role Specific Requirements
- Bridge and/or Highways Maintenance Desirable
- Experience of NEC contracts desirable
- Knowledge of SAP Desirable
- CVR experience required
- Commercial Degree or equivalent MRICS or equivalent
- Working towards FRICS
- Excellent Health and Safety awareness
- Strong commercial acumen
- Detailed understanding of the contract conditions used by the division
- Ability to develop and recruit staff
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products especially Excel and Word
- Legal understanding relevant to contracts
- Experience of managing commercial solutions on bids in excess of £100m
- Track record of winning work and/or delivering good p/l
- Good negotiator who achieves their objectives
- Agile and focussed commercial operator
- Environmental awareness for managers
- IOSH managing safely
- Behavioural Health and Safety (VFL)
- Environmental awareness tool box talk