We deliver forward-thinking solutions for the world's biggest asset owners, transforming the places where we live, work and travel. Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original thinking, then turning it into a reality. We arrive at better answers because we ask better questions.
From complexity comes simplicity. From better thinking, better solutions.
Think big, create better
Are you a Principal Consultant passionate about using your skills to make an impact? Are you driven by data, systems and change management to support clients to make better decisions through applying digital intelligence? Do you want to work on high profile projects with clients such as, Network Rail, Highways England, Heathrow Airport and New York MTA?
Amey Strategic Consulting are leading the Asset Management & Infrastructure market in Data Science and in scaling up digital capability within our client operations, all powered by an amazing collaborative team. With a growing team of 120+ employees, working across our 2 offices, London and Manchester, we continue to catalyse sustainable business change through our four key offerings.
As a Principal Strategic Consultant, you will join the newly created Service Design team at Amey Consulting, to help create new opportunities for the continued growth in this area. As a senior practitioner in user-centred design you will connect multiple work streams and simplify complex problems into continuous, compelling and cohesive service designs. You will develop solutions across whole services, including the non-digital parts, that meet user needs and policy/programme objectives. You will apply Service Design thinking to the Infrastructure sector and will feed into our ongoing projects, including those with Highways England
In a typical week you will:
- Play a major role in winning Service Design work for Amey Strategic Consulting.
- Manage the delivery of a programme of work in relation to the Service Design offering.
- Take ownership of, and lead projects or programmes of work for your client accounts.
- Feed into Amey's approach for its Service Design offering and developing new Service Design propositions for clients.
- Use agile methodology to test service ideas by running experiments at different levels of sophistication, from early solution hypotheses to prototypes and full-blown
- Conduct user research and run workshops as required.
We want to hear from you if:
- You're qualified to Bachelor degree or higher
- Have project/ Programme Management experience producing and/or delivering Target Operating Models
- Have experience managing the delivery of large programmes of work and implementing new services.
- Have expertise and deep knowledge of Design Thinking, user research and UX tools and methodologies (Service Blueprint, User Journeys, User Personas).
- Have strong visual design communication skills (e.g. sketch note, wireframing, service mapping interaction design, verbal and written) with an ability to produce high fidelity visual output for clients, documents, presentations, or workshop materials.
- Have knowledge around the methodologies of change management and experience in delivering large bodies of change.
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you're happy, you'll think better. It's a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that's why we've worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Bespoke Talent Framework
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers
What else is better about working for Amey?
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people's lives. It's what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be you, because your individuality is an asset. You'll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
You'll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You'll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You'll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
We don't believe in typical: we believe a diversity of backgrounds and skills create the best environment and opportunities. It means we ask better questions to arrive at better answers because we learn from each other's perspectives. And this means better outcomes for our clients our communities and ourselves.