Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that's why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To primarily support the Rail Business in producing high quality estimates and tender submissions that satisfy the Rail business strategy and adhere to Amey governance, thereby ensuring that profitable bids are secured with a balanced Risk and cost profile. Core Rail disciplines range from end-end asset management of light and heavy rail networks through to bespoke design/build projects in electrification and plant, minor civils, signalling and control systems, trackwork and other rail related infrastructure.
What will this role involve?
- Provide professional estimating support to ensure winning profitable bids are secured.
- Liaise with other members of the Estimating, Operational and Commercial teams to deliver high quality estimates and tender submissions.
- Coaching, development and Management of staff to ensure all estimating / bidding processes are embedded within the business.
- Support the Commercial leads and the Business in developing and implementing Pricing / Commercial strategies for successfully winning bids.
- Own and lead pricing and cost modelling standards / strategies on all bids.
- Responsible for ensuring all bidding opportunities follow the Group/BU bidding process and adhere to the required governance.
- Provide specialist Bidding / Estimating advice to Commercial Function and to the Business and ensure that all secured works adhere to the Contract Handover Process.
- Create and own risk simulation modelling.
- As required, support the wider Transport Infrastructure business (including Highways, Waste and Power) in developing their estimates or supporting bids which span multi-sectors including working closely with Amey's Consulting business.
What are we looking for?
- Ideally chartered RICS or equivalent.
- Holder of valid UK driving licence.
- Degree qualified in relevant engineering technical or commercial discipline is desirable but not essential as experience will be taken into account.
- A detailed knowledge of methods and outputs for undertaking relevant activities related to operational delivery.
- A Technical background in a relevant discipline related to operational delivery.
- Knowledge and understanding of commonly used Contract forms and be able to articulate commercial and pricing issues - some knowledge of the main Network Rail forms would be advantageous.
- Commercially aware and highly numerate with experience of bidding multi-million pound tenders.
- Knowledge of proprietary estimating / risk management and modelling systems (the Business uses Candy).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products especially Excel and Word.
- The ability to communicate complicated financial and contractual issues to senior management and with the supply chain and Customers / Clients (in particular with Network Rail).
- Appreciation of Safety rules will be an advantage, but training will be provided.
- Ability to develop staff Disciple of the Amey Values.
- Experience of producing multi-disciplined high value, high quality tender submissions and developing Pricing Strategies relating to such up to the value of £500m.
- Enthusiastic and committed.
- Flexible and able to think 'outside of the box'. Excellent Health and Safety awareness.
- Environmental awareness tool box talk IOSH managing safely.
What makes this role unique?
You will be responsible for leading estimates in your own right and supporting the coaching, development and Management of staff to ensure all estimating / bidding processes are embedded within the business.