We deliver forward-thinking solutions for the world's biggest asset owners, transforming the places where we live, work and travel. Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original thinking, then turning it into a reality. We arrive at better answers because we ask better questions.
From complexity comes simplicity. From better thinking, better solutions.
What is the purpose of this role?
Amey Consulting are rapidly expanding and looking to recruit a Principal Project Manager to work at our Design Hub in Sheffield, supporting our ongoing and increasing workload for both public and private sector clients on a wide variety of development and Highway schemes. The Role would be within our civils and infrastructure team. You would be predominantly focussed on providing support to the recently won A66 Northern Trans-Pennine Scheme. A circa £1bn upgrade scheme to the A66 between Scotch Corner and Penrith. An Amey Arup partnership are providing design services to Highways England to help deliver this prestigious scheme over the next 10 to 15 years.
What will this role involve?
Working with the wider Amey business is an important and significant part of the team's multidisciplinary workload comprising a broad range of Engineering Design services, predominantly based around Highway & Civil Engineering design and consultancy in highways, building, developer sites, highway and developer drainage and flood risk assessment.
Other projects within the office currently include:
- Delivery Integrated Partner (DIP) Framework for delivering major Highway Projects - M6, J19 improvements
- Trans Pennine Route upgrade - civils design
- Bridge Inspections for Local Authority and Highways England schemes
- Staffordshire iPlus contract - Highways and Drainage support
- £30m New 5km trunk road in Manchester - Lead Designer and PM
- £4m Grey to Green Phase 2 for Sheffield City Council - Lead Designer and Supervision
- Highways England - Flooding hot spots and alleviation works for Areas 13 and 14
- Kings Cross drainage improvement works
- Trafford Structural Maintenance Programme
- Various developer lead improvements to Container Depots in the UK
What are we looking for?
The ideal skills and experience would include but not limited to;
- Experience of working on Highways England Major Projects with a working knowledge of their Project Control Framework
- Effective leader able to take and be accountable for decisions
- Has a clear understanding of contract and related market dynamics
- Able to implement and support a customer centric approach
- Able to manage, develop and motivate a team
- Demonstrates developed communication and influencing skills
- Knowledge of financial and contract management control systems
- Ensuring compliance to the relevant health, safety and environmental legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations
- Flexibility - Position will be office based but may require visits to clients, suppliers, third parties and work sites as required.
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you're happy, you'll think better. It's a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that's why we've worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers
What makes this role unique?
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people's lives. It's what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be you, because your individuality is an asset. You'll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
You'll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You'll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You'll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.