Private Client Solicitor
Davies and Partners Solicitors is a well-established law firm with over 30 years’ experience. It has a national reputation for excellence in the Property sector and strength in depth in a wide selection of other legal services for businesses & individuals. There are 4 offices in London, Birmingham, Bristol and Gloucester.
Position: Private Client Solicitor
Location: Davies and Partners Solicitors, Rowan house, Barnett Way, Barnwood, Gloucester. GL4 3RT
Job type: Permanent
Hours: Full or part-time hours of work can be negotiated. Full-time hours are Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 5:30pm (with 1 hour unpaid lunchbreak)
Salary: £Competitive plus Benefits Package
About the role:
This role reports to the Legal Director and Head of Private Client (Wills and Probate). There will also be a dotted line to the Head of the Gloucester office.
To be the primary point of contact for all private client related enquiries received by the Gloucester office, including internally referred work from other departments, whilst maintaining client care to the highest standard.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out day to day conduct of Private Client files and responsible for all aspects of work connected with Private Client in the Gloucester office.
- Be willing to handle queries from the company’s other offices with the possibility of travelling to those offices from time to time.
- Be confident in handling a wide range of Private Client issues including (but not limited to);
Wills, Probate, LPA's, Trusts, Estates, Tax, Court of Protection
- Work to strict deadlines in a pressurised but friendly environment.
- Liaise with support staff in a positive and proactive manner.
- Liaise with the Legal Director on financial budgeting and training requirements/opportunities.
- Achieve legitimate billing in line with figures to be agreed with the Legal Director.
- Assist senior members of the Department with substantial case files and to exhibit flexibility, particularly in times of holiday/sickness.
- Apply proper professional standards. Gaining an awareness of the provisions of the office manual and observing best practice in the prevention of claims against the company for professional negligence and in particular operating with a high degree of personal organisation.
- Demonstrate an awareness of clients’ needs and perceptions to the discharge of your work for them and to act promptly, pro-actively and efficiently in relation to all client matters.
- Comply with all other departmental procedures including the regulation and control client indebtedness.
As part of our compliance procedures, applicants are asked to note that:
- References will be followed up;
- All gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily;
- Proof of identity and (where applicable) qualifications will be required;
- Reference requests will ask specifically whether the applicant ever been subject to any proceedings/complaints initiated by the Law Society or any other professional body.
- Appropriate suitability checks may be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
This role meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. This role will require applicants who are offered employment to be subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.
Davies and Partners Solicitors provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable national laws. Davies and Partners Solicitors complies with applicable national laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
You may have experience of the following: Solicitor, Lawyer, Qualified Solicitor, Private Client Solicitor, Qualified Lawyer, Law, Legal Solicitor, Wills, Probate, etc.
Private Client Solicitor