about 1 month ago
Davies and Partners Solicitors is a well-established law firm with over 30 years’ experience. It has a national reputation for excellence in the Property sector and strength in depth in a wide selection of other legal services for businesses & individuals. There are 4 offices in London, Birmingham, Bristol and Gloucester.
This role reports to the Legal Director and Head of Private Client (Wills and Probate). There will also be a dotted line to the Head of the Gloucester office.
Position: Private Client (Wills & Probate) Solicitor
Location: Gloucester, GL4 3RT
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Full or part-time hours of work can be negotiated. Full-time hours are Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:30pm (with 1-hour unpaid lunchbreak)
Salary: £Competitive plus Benefits Package
About the role:
To be the primary point of contact for all private client related enquiries received by the Gloucester office, including internally referred work from other departments, whilst maintaining client care to the highest standard.
- To carry out day to day conduct of Private Client files and responsible for all aspects of work connected with Private Client in the Gloucester office.
- To be willing to handle queries from the company’s other offices with the possibility of travelling to those offices from time to time.
- To be confident in handling a wide range of Private Client issues including (but not limited to); Wills, Probate, LPA's, Trusts, Estates, Tax, Court of Protection.
- To work to strict deadlines in a pressurised but friendly environment.
- To liaise with support staff in a positive and proactive manner.
- To liaise with the Legal Director on financial budgeting and training requirements / opportunities.
- To achieve legitimate billing in line with figures to be agreed with the Legal Director.
- To assist senior members of the Department with substantial case files and to exhibit flexibility, particularly in times of holiday / sickness.
- To apply proper professional standards. Gaining an awareness of the provisions of the office manual and observing best practice in the prevention of claims against the company for professional negligence and in particular operating with a high degree of personal organisation.
- To demonstrate an awareness of clients’ needs and perceptions to the discharge of your work for them and to act promptly, pro-actively and efficiently in relation to all client matters.
- To comply with all other departmental procedures including the regulation and control client indebtedness.
- To maintain accurate electronic and paper-based records for clients.
- To act as a positive ambassador for Davies and Partners Solicitors.
- To actively participate in the business development of both the department and the Gloucester office.
- To undertake appropriate and relevant staff development on a regular basis.
- Registered Solicitor that complies to the SRA standards.
- 2 years+ PQE.
- STEP (desirable).
- Experience working as a Private Client. Solicitor in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-organised and proactive.
- A willingness to undertake business development initiatives is essential. This may include preparing articles for local publications and website, as well as engaging in networking events.
- Ability to take responsibility and solve problems.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality.
- Adaptable to the needs of the business as changes occur during the operational requirements.
- Competent in the effective use of Information and Communications Technologies (lCT).
- The ability to prioritise, meet deadlines, and work under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Appropriate DBS disclosure will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
- Right to live and work in the UK, e.g. valid UK or EU passport or appropriate visa / work permits.
Davies and Partners Solicitors provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable national laws. Davies and Partners Solicitors complies with applicable national laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
You may have experience of the following: Solicitor, Lawyer, Qualified Solicitor, Private Client Solicitor, Qualified Lawyer, Law, Legal Solicitor, Wills, Probate, etc.