Role: Procurement Manager – Produce and Grocery
Employment Type: Perm, Full Time
Location: Dunstable, Bedfordshire
We have an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Manager (Fresh Produce & Grocery) within our Supply Chain & Procurement team. Accountable for the sourcing of Produce and Grocery categories for Whitbread Group, including the selection, appointment and management of key suppliers.
Working with the Force for Good team and Group Food & Beverage Policy Manager to ensure our Responsible Sourcing commitments, and national agenda, regarding your products are delivered.
We are the UK's leading hospitality company, a FTSE 100 organisation with over 35,000 employees worldwide. Owning successful brands such as Premier Inn and hub by Premier Inn, we have over 750 hotels and over 70,000 rooms across the UK, Germany and the Middle East. We are also proud to own over 420 restaurants across the UK including Beefeater, Brewers Fayre and our newer brands Bar + Block and Cookhouse & Pub. We have exciting plans to deliver our strategy that innovates and grows our core UK and international business, always keeping our customers at the heart of what we do.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for working with the Premier Inn and Restaurant teams to deliver the right product proposition for each of the brands that meet the needs of our customers and grow drinks sales and margin
- Responsible for the application of best practice procurement across the breadth & depth of the category including provision of market insight, development of category strategies & associated sourcing plans, tendering, negotiation and supplier management
- Responsible, with procurement finance, for managing all associated rebates.
- Identify key suppliers across the category while establishing supplier management and performance against KPI’s & SLA’s
- Develop tender and contract documentation and ensure signature of required confidentiality agreements.
- Continuous maintenance and update of market insight regarding the category marketplace, best-practices, trends, innovations, key suppliers, supplier positioning etc.
- Development of supplier performance metrics.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Food & Drink Development teams, Customer Insights, marketing and commercial.
- Fully understand and support the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategies & policies and ensure application and compliance in all sourcing activities.
What we are looking for:
- Proven procurement experience within food & grocery
- Conversant with a range of sourcing strategies.
- Understanding of one or more food and grocery categories and associated best procurement practices
- Relationship management expertise – able to build strong, value-adding relationships with internal customers
- Strong influencing skills – able to communicate & influence effectively at senior levels
- Procurement execution experience (business requirements analysis, market analysis, sourcing strategy, tender, negotiation, contract award, supplier management etc.)
- Highly credible in front of key suppliers
In return what we will offer:
- A market competitive base salary
- Up to 30% annual bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- A genuine flexible working policy
- Individual BUPA healthcare
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Free parking across our Head Office campus
- Subsidised restaurant / canteen
- Up to 25% discount off our brands
- 25 days annual leave + bank holiday