Ecosurety’s role is to enable our clients to meet their legal environmental obligations relating to packaging, batteries and electrical goods recycling. We are committed to making a positive impact by investing in recycling infrastructure, innovation, and consumer awareness campaigns on behalf of our members. Accredited as Investors in People Gold since 2016, Ecosurety offers a working environment that enables our team to perform at their best, with flexible hours, access to training and employee benefits.
Position: Procurement Specialist
Location: Finzels Reach, Bristol
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, Flexible working considered
Hours: 8 hours per day
Salary: £28 to 30k per year
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays, plus day off for birthday; 5 x salary life insurance, 5% pension, paid sick leave, season travel ticket loan
Closing Date: 9am, Monday 2nd March 2020
About the role:
Ecosurety are looking for a perfectionist, who can work in a steady, thorough and deliberate manner to support our procurement function. A questioning approach, concentration on detail and a non-aggressive nature are required for success in this position.
This role will be as part of a procurement team, working to ensure accuracy of data, build security of supply and ensure we have the right commercial terms in place. It will be largely desk based with some client visits and the potential for wider influence within the company, at client meetings and conferences. Another part of the role will be to ensure our procurement is in line with our company values.
- Responsible for internal reporting and communication on trades, market movements and prices, including daily recording and registering of evidence data in our data management systems.
- Monitoring the markets and determining market sentiment via research, valuation and data analysis.
- Supporting the Senior Procurement Specialist with technical and administrative tasks.
- PRN trading (Glass, plastic, paper, aluminium, steel, wood) in volatile markets, initially under guidance and within a defined strategy.
- Providing procurement insights to the wider company.
- Supporting the corporate drive for ethical transparent sourcing of PRNs.
- Building strong supplier relationships and increasing our brand presence.
- Representing Ecosurety at appropriate conferences and meetings.
- High level of compliance and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to manage and analyse data.
- Proactive and fast learner, able to take on new (often technical) information quickly.
- Strong organisation, IT and administrative skills.
- Ability to consider problems as a challenge, collect information relevant to the problem, be disciplined in ascertaining the root cause, identify and develop a practical solution, communicate the findings and implement action to resolve the problem.
- Ability to generate monitoring systems that identify whether self, others or the organisation are achieving their objectives and also any variances there may be in terms of goals and timescales.
- Ability to develop and comply with the systems, procedures, rules, objectives and timescales set by the organisation and take a disciplined approach when undertaking tasks.
- Experience of environmental compliance markets desirable but not essential.
- Experience of buying methodologies desirable.
- Ability to work as part of a team and exercise tolerance and consistency when dealing with others.
Ecosurety is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all.
Please note, Ecosurety reserves the right to bring forward the closing date of any of its job vacancies if we receive a suitable number of high quality applications from which to make a shortlist. Therefore, we recommend that you apply for one of our roles as soon as possible rather than wait until the published closing date.
You may have experience of the following: Recycling, Waste Management, Environmental Compliance, Procurement Manager, Purchasing Manager, Purchasing Officer, Procurement Officer, etc
£28000 - £30000 per annum
6 days ago