We are a fun and hardworking software start-up company. We were established in 2017 and we have doubled in size year on year. This role is a unique opportunity to be part of an early stage business that has all the backing to become a world leader.
We are looking for someone to support and lead the UX+UI design of two products with very different requirements and also support the website.
The one product is an existing product that requires mainly UI refinement and addition of new features- the main revenue generator and what most of our clients will use throughout 2021. This product is used by big brands here in the UK.
The other product is a new product at the very early development stage (we’ve completed the prototyping stage). This will require from the designer to work very closely with the CEO and Product Owner to participate in brainstorming sessions, capture requirements, refine the prototype and support it through to launch and live from a design perspective.
We are looking for someone who will be happy and excited to join the Product team, work closely with Product in an agile start-up environment where requirements can change quickly but within focus. Someone with a can do approach, who’s happy to get their hands dirty and is happy with iterative design cycles. Our teams are lean, follow SCRUM and Kanban, move quickly and deliver in good cadence. We are looking for someone who can handle the pace and can lead the design domain for us while working cross two product teams.
Last but not least, someone who is a pleasure to work with, a nice person who wants (and is able!) to join a small (but growing) team, a good and open communicator who enjoys a good laugh and is interested in being part of a team that is building an exciting proposition.
Skills and experience:
- Wireframing + Prototyping experience and familiarity with tools like:
InVision, Marvel, UXPin, Balsamiq etc. Our current prototype was done in UXPin, however we are happy for the designer to either continue with this tool or convert the prototype into a different tool.
- UI design skills:
No specific tools required here. We’re looking for someone with experience in design who can lead the visual design of screens and look & feel.
- Responsive design to optimise for desktop and tablet. Design for a Mobile app is not required.
- Website design experience.
- SaaS experience:
Our product is a B2B SaaS so ideally (although not a hard requirement) we would like someone with some SaaS experience, who has worked on SaaS products in the past and has experience designing on-boarding journeys, online checkout, trials and in general a product that is completely self-serve for the customer.
- Our frontend technology of choice is React for both products. We obviously don’t expect the designer to do any code, however you will have some interaction with React developers, so past experience working with React developers would be nice and even expected.
- Website: our website is hosted on Hubspot and it would be great to have someone who knows Hubspot and can work on a Hubspot website- this is just a nice to have, however there will be some initial work on the website in Q1/21, mainly to redesign it and create that vital ‘website to product’ flow.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a designer to lead the design domain across product and website. You will have the opportunity to have an impact on a new product from an early stage and lead the design of it through to launch and live, while supporting an existing product that requires on-going work as well. The team is great and there’s a lot to do!