Product Manager – Brand Team
Reports to Head of Product, based in Dunstable
£competitive + up to 30% bonus and benefits
An exciting opportunity to join our Brand team, this role will see you leading the delivery of key strategic propositions and product development that aligns to the wider proposition and product development strategy across Premier inn. Engagement of key stakeholders through matrix working is a critical part of the role, as you’ll be taking concept development through to roll out and delivering these into the organisation.
In this role your specific product areas will include: the Premier Inn Bed, Bedroom & Reception Refurbishment solutions, Upgrade Room Products, Deployment of model product in Extension sites, other cross brand products such as Music, in room toiletries, team uniform.
We are the UK's leading hospitality company, a FTSE 100 organisation with over 35,000 employees worldwide, and for the last 9 years running we have been recognised as a ‘Top Employer’ by the Top Employers Institute
Owning successful brands such as Premier Inn and hub by Premier Inn, we have over 750 hotels and over 70,000 rooms across the UK, Germany and the Middle East. We are also proud to own over 420 restaurants across the UK including Beefeater and our newer brands Bar + Block and Cookhouse & Pub. With exciting plans to innovate and grow our core UK and international business, and always keeping our customers at the heart of what we do, there has never been a more exciting time to join Whitbread!
What you will be doing:
- You’ll be responsible for identifying, scoping, developing and rolling out strategic propositions and product development opportunities based on guest insight, that will drive guest satisfaction and the revenue performance of the business
- You’ll manage ongoing development and deliver improved and new product solutions to support on-going propositions strategy.
- You’ll embed the proposition vision that will continuously engage and drive internal and external partners to ensure all programmes are aligned to wider business plan
- Once new propositions have been approved, you will lead the management of roll out to ensure key operations stakeholders are aligned and briefed to ensure successful implementation throughout the hotel estate
- You’ll ensure that all proposition and product solutions developed in this role will be accurately costed, working with property and procurement to secure best prices and feed all this in to the financial models with the finance team to ensure maximum commercial returns are leveraged.
- You’ll work with the Propositions Analyst to track and interpret key guest metrics and use this data to lead and drive refinement of proposition and product solutions.
- You’ll ensure that all development workstreams have a clearly defined scheduling programme for the physical, digital and commercial proposition development that feeds delivery teams
Why we would love you to apply:
- You have 5+ years marketing, operations, commercial or project management experience, with a proven ability to deliver propositions in a consumer facing environment
- You have knowledge of product and business case development process, proven ability to deliver propositions and experience in a fast-paced customer facing environment
- You’re a strong communicator and networker, able to manage, engage and paint the vision to all levels of stakeholders
- You’re tenacious and positive in your approach to overcoming challenges and setbacks
- You’re commercially minded coupled with a genuine customer focus and a self-starter energy
- You understand the principals of concept and proposition development, as well as that of data driven insights
- You’re passionate about understanding Whitbread’s customer propositions principles, and the key commercial levers that drive returns
In return, we will offer you:
- A market competitive base salary
- Up to 30% annual bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- Holiday Buy scheme
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- A genuine flexible working policy
- Family cover BUPA healthcare
- Free parking across our Support Centre campus
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Up to 50% discount off our brands
- Perks at work