The Cabinet Office Purpose is:
• to maintain the integrity of the Union, coordinate the security of the realm and sustain a flourishing democracy;
• to support the design and implementation of HM Government’s policies and the Prime Minister’s priorities; and
• to ensure the delivery of the finest public services by attracting and developing the best public servants and improving the efficiency of government.
The work Cabinet Office delivers is vast and therefore presents opportunities to develop your skills and experience in a variety of critical government agendas.
An organisation of approximately 7,000 employees, the Cabinet Office is a vibrant, modern and exciting place to work, attracting a diverse workforce which represents the people we serve. Our main offices are in London, but we have staff based around the UK.
At the heart of this are our Cabinet Office values. To deliver our Purpose and help make Cabinet Office a great place to work, we all commit to:-
• treating everyone with Respect
• actively Collaborate, and
• build Trust
We have an aspiration to become the most inclusive employer across the Civil Service. We have a number of staff benefits, including flexible working, and access to a number of staff support networks to ensure we meet this.
Business unit information
This is an exciting career opportunity to conduct international work as part of a team within the Prime Minister’s Office and Cabinet Office. The GCS Knowledge and Capability unit is currently looking for enthusiastic and passionate communicators (from all disciplines) with exceptional project and people management and delivery skills to join project teams working in countries around the world. Led by the Cabinet Office in partnership with other government departments and the embassy network, the unit deploys experts from across the Government Communication Service (GCS) and the wider civil service to deliver short to long term strategic communications capability building projects that support UK Government diplomatic and development objectives overseas.
The Government Communication Service Knowledge and Capability Unit is an exciting unit within the Cabinet Office that focuses on capability building in overseas governments. Led by the Cabinet Office, in partnership with the Foreign Office, the unit deploys experts from across GCS and the wider civil service to deliver short to long-term strategic communications projects that support UK Government diplomatic and development objectives.
To increase our reach, we are launching a range of digital learning products in a number of international markets. We expect our participant numbers both overseas and in the UK to scale significantly in the coming year and need to have the processes in place to meet this demand.
As Product Operations Manager, you’ll be responsible for leading development and implementation of the approach to how we manage the learners participating in our courses, from supporting systems and software, to communications and human interactions. You’ll be working closely with product and marketing colleagues to ensure that the end-to-end service for our users meets their needs.
We’re looking for a personable, flexible problem-solver who enjoys working with others to make things happen. The international digital learning team is relatively new, and day to day work is fun, fast-paced and creative. Ideally, you’ll have a broad range of technical and interpersonal skills, including being a strong communicator; having the ability to think both analytically and creatively about options for new systems; and the tenacity to see things through. As this is a new position, the post-holder(s) will have the opportunity to shape development at an early stage.
As the role will involve working with both team members and officials based overseas, an appreciation and enthusiasm for international work is essential. There will be some scope for international travel.
The post-holder will be based in central London at 1 Horse Guards Road.
As Product Operations Manager - International Digital Learning, you will:
• Define robust processes in relation to managing our course participants, from enquiries to onboarding to learner experience, and lead on implementing them in conjunction with the Product Team and the wider organisation.
• Lead and manage the in-house team responsible for digital learning participant support, providing day-to-day input and guidance on a wide range of issues in relation to both participants and course delivery, so that participant management runs smoothly and bottlenecks are anticipated and avoided
• Define and research software options for scaling participant management, including in-house and supplier-based technological solutions; conduct a cost-benefit analysis; and gain stakeholder agreement
• Lead on implementing and managing the preferred approach/system, including supplier procurement as required
• Work with marketing and product colleagues and wider stakeholders to plan and implement the scheduling of courses across all UK and international cohorts in line with demand.
• Build and maintain an internal network of course coaches/tutors and ensure coach time and availability is taken into account when scheduling courses.
• Work with Product Managers to scope what is needed from learner data, so that our course offering can be continually adapted to meet user needs.
• Ensure systems and processes are set up to capture data on learner behaviour and product performance, and produce interesting and informative analytics that can be used for decision-making by product and marketing colleagues.
• Analyse and monitor the cost to deliver and resource requirements of different delivery modes (e.g. coached versus non-coached) and work with the Product Team to incorporate this data into business plans.
• Manage any relevant suppliers to time, budget and quality
Skills and Experience
• Proven leadership in successful digital service delivery or product management, with a passion for providing a great experience for both external and internal users.
• Experience of leading cross-functional projects and familiarity with setting, monitoring and reporting on measurable targets
• Excellent prioritisation and organisational skills
• Strong analytical capability, with the ability to break down complex problems
• Proven expertise in analysing and using customer insight and user and performance data in the management and iteration of services
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to manage relations with a wide range of stakeholders
• Experience of working with and managing digital or technological suppliers
• Experience of working in digital learning
• Familiarity with managing using Agile methodologies
• Experience of working with multidisciplinary product teams
Please note that this role requires CTC clearance, which would normally require 3 years’ UK residency in the past 3 years. This is not an absolute requirement but supplementary checks may be required where individuals have not lived in the UK for the required period. This may mean that your security clearance (and therefore your appointment) will take longer or, in some cases, not be possible.
ResponsibilitiesPlease refer to Job Description
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Managing a Quality Service
- Communicating and Influencing
- Making Effective Decisions
- Delivering at Pace
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Assessment Centre