Return to Work
Production Engineers at Facebook are hybrid software/systems engineers who ensure that Facebook's services run smoothly and have the capacity for future growth. They are embedded in every one of Facebook's product and infrastructure teams, and are core participants in every significant engineering effort underway in the company.
Our team is comprised of varying levels of experience and backgrounds, from new grads to industry veterans. Relevant industry experience is important (Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), Systems Engineer, Software Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Network Engineer, Systems Administrator, Linux Administrator, Database Administrator or similar role), but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude. We sail into uncharted waters every day at Facebook in Production Engineering, and we are always learning. This position has a 16-week duration beginning in January.
All candidates should be able to commit to a consecutive 16-week timeframe for successful completion of the program. At the end of the term, those who have demonstrated their abilities to succeed and make an impact at Facebook will be considered for a full-time position. Candidates are encouraged to apply early! This Program is open to candidates who have been out of the workforce for 2 years or longer.
Return to Work - Production Engineer Responsibilities
- Own back-end services like our Hadoop data warehouses, front-end services like Chat and Newsfeed, infrastructure components like our Memcache infrastructure, and everything in between.
- Write and review code, develop documentation and capacity plans, and debug challenging problems, live, on some of the largest and most complex systems in the world.
- Working alongside a collaborative team of great engineers on the coolest stuff around, the code and systems you work on will be in production and used by millions of users all around the world.
- Engineering degree, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with operating systems and TCP/IP network fundamentals.
- Experience coding in higher-level languages (e.g., PHP, Python, C++, or Java).
- Experience in configuration and maintenance of applications such as web servers, load balancers, relational databases, storage systems and messaging systems.
- Experience learning software, frameworks and APIs.
This Program is open to candidates who have been out of the workforce for 2 years or longer.
- BS or MS in Computer Science
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
To apply, please click on the apply button: