about 1 month ago
An opportunity has arisen for a Production Engineer Manager to join our thriving UK medical manufacturing company.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Production Engineer to manage our busy engineering department within the manufacturing team. The successful candidate will manage Production Engineering Projects, and Teams to ensure that organisational objectives are met. This can include the utilisation of Lean Methodologies, to ensure that most up to date thinking is used to deliver cost effective means of developing the production processes, as well as purchasing capital equipment required within those projects. The role will also involve advising the Design teams on new production processes used for new products.
Production Engineering Manager Responsibilities:
Including but not limited to;
- Managing Intersurgical’s Production Development Form (PDF) system
- Project management of capital projects across the Intersurgical group.
- Advising the Technical and Development Teams on all projects that are being undertaken to enable and facilitate their smooth and efficient transition into Production.
- Complying with cost benefit requirements of the Company including regulatory needs.
- Making sure that all projects are regularly reviewed and assist in projects that require production engineering involvement, including estimated costings, production outputs, tooling requirements.
- To be involved in the sourcing and specification of selected assembly and test equipment for all required
- Technical and Development projects
- Monitoring and reporting on those projects transferred to production team
- To provide stronger and more effective cross-functional links and communication between Technical, Production, Tool Room, and Quality.
- Researching new process ideas that will lead into the continuous improvement in functionality; capacity; cost and quality of the existing range of products.
- Qualification or degree in Engineering or equivalent vocational based qualification
- For example this could be as a Time Served Engineer with ONC, HNC, and HND level qualifications.
- Experience and knowledge of managing engineering projects, budgets and time scales
- Knowledge and understanding of SPC, Six Sigma, OEE, and in particular Lean Systems
- Experience in managing teams
- Excellent communication
- Good people skills
- Able to work to deadlines
- Able to multitask and prioritise workload
- Able to make decisions and self manage
- Able to work in a team and on own initiative
- Able to function effectively across a number of interrelated departments
- Methodical, organised and structured approach to work
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to function in a highly regulatory environment with a focus on compliance
Why Join Intersurgical:
You will be joining a company where our people work together to meet our company goals. We have a strong family feel, a friendly working environment and extend a warm welcome to all new employees. We are looking for commitment, a strong work ethic and flexibility in all our people and reward those that demonstrate these qualities. Intersurgical is only as good as the people who work for us and we value all of our employees
About Intersurgical Limited:
Intersurgical was formed in 1982 in the UK and started with a modest range of respiratory products. Since its inception, the company has continued to grow and develop and today is the respiratory care specialist in airway management, anaesthesia, critical care and oxygen & aerosol therapy.
The company was formed with seven people, producing a limited product range for the UK hospital market. Today, we employ over 3500 people, producing an extensive product range sold worldwide. We operate across five manufacturing sites and have direct sales operations in over 25 countries and a number of export offices located throughout the world supporting our network of speciality distributors.
Through a constant programme of new product and market development Intersurgical is today one of the market leaders for high quality respiratory care products for the hospital sector worldwide.
Our products are seen as easy to use, technically superior and of the highest quality. The product range is innovative and we will continue to develop and implement improvements.
Location: Head Office (Wokingham UK)
Benefits: Family feel company. Flexible working hours. Training and progression opportunities. Annual performance and salary review. 22 Days holiday increasing with length of service. Subsidised gym membership. Matched pension contributions with length of service. Cycle to Work Scheme.
Closing date: 19 February 2021
You may have experience of the following: Production Engineering Manager, Production Engineer, Engineering Manager, Product Development, Product Lifecycle, Product Launch, Production Operative, Manufacturing, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineer, etc.