To support all aspects of product sourcing, price negotiation, ordering and controlling stock levels of components to satisfy company requirements. The role also involves planning activity using SAP MRP to meet project requirements.
Main duties and key responsibilities:
- Use of SAP MRP system for planning and generating purchase orders.
- Expediting purchase orders and deliveries to ensure on time availability of components and products.
- Receiving / booking goods of completed orders & deliveries.
- Goods return of any products or components not to specification.
- Support Open Orders (OPOR) weekly meeting with Suppliers.
- Support QA inspection of incoming & outgoing consignments.
- Supplier related packing & shipping of components for manufacture to Subcontractors.
- Manage the Calibration of equipment within the company.
- Responsible for Electro Static Discharge (ESD) mat testing.
- Stock management including annual stock take.
- Prototype kit checking.
- Maintenance of End-of-life (EOL) / Product Change Notices (PCN) / Material Declarations of all parts within the SAP MRP system.
- Support in the auditing of suppliers.
- Facilities management within the office, including attending the quarterly tenants meeting.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role, as may reasonably be requested by the line manager.
Essential Skills required for the role:
1. Good ‘A’ levels or equivalent
2. Some knowledge of MRP systems
3. Some knowledge in a planning / purchasing
4. Some knowledge / understanding of electronic components
5. Some understanding of manufacturing techniques
6. Some knowledge / understanding of Supply Chain Management
7. Excellent communication skills
8. Ability to plan and prioritise their workload
9. Develop and maintain a good working relationships with external suppliers
10. Good customer service/telephone skills Microsoft office tools
11. Able to focus on detail
12. Willing to adapt and learn new skills
13. Team Player
14. A willingness to undertake further relevant training
Desirable skills required for the role:
- HNC Mechanical / Electrical Engineering preferred
- CIPS Qualification
- Experience of SAP Business 1 or Oracle MRP system for production planning / purchasing / shipping
- Experience in a planning / purchasing role
- General appreciation of electronic components
- Experience in supply chain management
- Experience in Auditing of suppliers
If you think you are suitable for this role please apply online.