Here at The Guardian, we believe the open exchange of information, ideas and opinions has the power to change the world for the better.
More people than ever before are reading, watching and listening to Guardian journalism from across the world. Over the past year The Guardian achieved record digital traffic with our highest number of regular readers and monthly page views averaging over 1.1 billion.
In 2019 we hit our highest revenues in a decade and achieved the goal we set three years earlier to break even. We’re now on a path to achieve the goal of two million people supporting The Guardian by 2022.
That’s where you come in.
We are looking for a Production Support Specialist to support key production systems and users to enable GNM to meet publication deadlines for all print and digital products
About the role
As a production support specialist you will:
- Develop a good understanding of business workflow, tools and provide efficient /effective response to users.
- Support users with tools issues such as InCopy/InDesign, MediaPlanner, Titan and internal production systems.
- Take ownership of and complete tasks in SysAid queue (Service Management tool).
- Learn and support new applications as they are brought into operation
- Keep up to date with technology that could improve GNMs working processes and environment
- Enjoy taking care of a wide variety of people working to tight constraints.
- Good understanding of newspaper and/or web production process and applications
- Knowledge of Unix and MacOS
- Experience of supporting at least three of: InDesign, InCopy, Photoshop, Illustrator, MediaPlanner, Titan, multimedia desktop applications, mobile technologies
Does this all sound like you? Then we’d love to hear from you.
This position will be appointed on a 6 month fixed term contract with shift work.
Shifts are: 15.00 to 01.00 and 17.00 to 03.00
Monday to Friday: 09.00 to 19.00, 13.00 to 23.00 and 17.00 to 03.00 on Saturdays and Sundays and Bank Holidays
Based on a 4 x 10hr shifts in a 4 on and 4 off pattern
How to apply
To apply, please upload your latest CV and a cover letter which outlines why you are attracted to this role, and why you’re a great match for what we’re looking for.
The closing date for applications is Monday 24th February 2020.
The Guardian offers 26 days’ holiday and a competitive benefits package including a generous pension, healthcare, dental insurance options, cycle to work scheme and 2 paid volunteering days per year.
We have a strong commitment to your learning, development and wellbeing, with hundreds of different courses available - ranging from bite-sized e-learning courses, to on-site workshops and professional certifications.
It’s the talent, energy and commitment our people bring to our business that make us who we are. Across our business we have some of the brightest and best people in media and beyond: award winning journalists, cutting edge commercial teams, industry leading digital talent and much, much more.
We are a vibrant and diverse community with many events groups and forums to get involved in. Our Kings Place offices overlook Regents Canal, with the newly-developed Coal Drops Yard, Granary Square and St Pancras Square shops, restaurants and pop-ups.
We value and respect all differences in all people (seen and unseen) at the Guardian. We aspire to inclusive working experiences and an environment that reflects the audience we serve, where our people have equal access to career development opportunities, their voices are heard and can contribute to our future. The Guardian actively encourages applications from BAME candidates.
At The Guardian, many of our staff work flexibly and we will consider all requests for flexible working arrangements.