Digital & PR,
Salary of up to/between £30,700 - £40,000
8 months ago
Full Time Flexible Opportunity
Position: FTC until 30 June 2019
Data Centre Transition is one of Aviva’s largest programmes. We want an experienced Communications Lead to join our fast paced, delivery focused team.
- Passionate about creating and delivering business communications?
- Inquisitive and ready to challenge the status quo?
- Able to build and develop strong stakeholder relationships?
- Ready for your next challenge in managing a large communications portfolio?
Sitting within the Data Centre Transition programme, you will support and deliver market-leading engaging communications. You will have strong written and creative skills and be confident at operating at both a strategic and hands-on level. You will be articulate, decisive and have an eye for detail with an interest to embrace new technologies and ways of working.
You are responsible for:
- Maintaining strong relationship and engagement with Senior Leaders, SME’s and Atos stakeholders.
- Creating key messages through to delivery, incorporating audience preferences, budgets and alignment to overall IT/Aviva strategy
- Managing overall programme communications plan - capturing milestones, defining approaches, agreeing audiences
- Supporting the approach of key programme outcomes and prioritising communications resource as required
- Continually using data, insight and best practice to evolve communication strategies and to bring new innovative channels
- Working with wider IT comms network to utilise existing channels for communications methods
- Applying Aviva brand guidelines and tone of voice
- Creating material to be presented CIO’s, wider business teams or third parties
- Networking across the business to curate information and content
- Building effective relationships to ensure audiences are targeted in the right way and avoids creating unnecessary ‘noise’ where messages or required action gets lost
You will be:
- Confident at working and engaging with Senior Stakeholders to understand requirements
- Creative in your communications, striving to think outside the box with an ambition to do things differently and embrace new technologies
- Articulate in presenting communications, able to accept and respond to challenge where necessary
- Able to build strong relationships with Programme, Business and Atos stakeholders
- Agile – you can be flexible by adapting plans and resource to meet changing demand
- Focused on delivering at pace working collaboratively across a technical programme
- Able to use language and presentation skills to bring to life a narrative or convey a business case
- Clear in what your audience wants to know against what they need to know
You have experience in:
- Writing strong communication messages across the business
- Detailed planning with a focus on outcome delivery
- Active listening ensuring stakeholder requirements are understood and delivered
- Writing, creating and delivering content at a strong advanced level
- Thinking ahead and anticipating potential issues before they arise
Being able to communicate in French or Italian would be a bonus!
What will you get for this role?
- Salary of up to/between £30,700 - £40,000
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Ben Dixon in the Resourcing team on 07950618989.