We're committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country's services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self-starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It's more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey, we're proud to be the better.
What is the purpose of this role?
- To support the CEFA Operations Team for a specified programme area in the efficient and effective provision of programme delivery to support the delivery of the CEFA project.
What will this role involve?
- Ensure that safety is always the priority, promote safe working practices, ensure full implementation and compliance with Key Processes and Safety Responsibility Statement
- Undertake the role of Deputy CRE (Operations) (where required and appropriate)
- Ensure that the appropriate Safe System of Work (SSOW), Work Package Plan (WPP)/Task Briefing Sheet (TBS) documentation is prepared and in place at all times
- Lead the creation, development and enhancement of the baseline programme through the Planning Robustness process
- Ensure that the programming and planning of the examination of structures is done in accordance with project requirements, updating the Route Manager (Exams) with route progress information as required
- Work closely with the Resource Manager(s) to ensure that work is planned to optimise the use of available resources
- Work closely with the Planning Team to ensure that all SSOW documentation, track access and safety critical resource requirements are in place to deliver the programme
- Ensure that all work is planned to satisfy the requirements of the Contract KPI's
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with Network Rail, in order that their programme requirements are fully understood and implemented
- Maintain regular liaison with all key stakeholders on project progress, conducting regular programme reviews with the delivery team
- Advise the Route Manager (Exams) on the procurement of suppliers and sub-contractors where required to support and enhance the core team delivery
- Determine requirements for non-rail access, plant and equipment necessary to undertake the examinations, then procure with support from the commercial team
- Support the implementation of site audits, inspections and trials as appropriate
- Manage all exam dependencies, ensuring that any issues are flagged and dealt with or escalated at the earliest opportunity
- Ensure that all physical works and enabling requirements are notified to Network Rail in a timely manner and then co-ordinated as appropriate, in line with the programme
- Improve and evolve our systems, tools and processes so that we can drive efficiency and bring benefits to Amey and to Network Rail
- Support and advise the Route Manager (Exams) and the Route Commercial Manager on workbank change
What are we looking for?
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Training:
- Strong inter-personal, communication and organisational skills.
- Be a self-starter, able to take responsibility and work with minimum supervision
- Ability to identify and share best practice within the business
- Knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of track access planning processes and systems for delivering structural examinations on the rail infrastructure
- Have project experience in the rail industry, ideally planning operations on-site in a live environment
- Have proven ability to work in a team environment with a dedicated approach to project deadlines
- ONC/Btech in Civil Engineering or Building (additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu on an individual basis).
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Have a high level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, and in particular MS Excel
Desirable Skills, Qualifications and Training:
- Customer Relationship Management
- Commercial Awareness
- Knowledge of Network Rail's assets and how they are managed
- Relevant experience of working in a railway operating environment
- Rail safety critical competence (IWA, COSS, ES, SWL1/2)
- SMSTS / IOSH Managing Safe Work
- HNC/HND in Civil Engineering or Building
- STE 4 competent
- Be working towards, or have obtained a relevant professional qualification such as MAPM, MICE etc