Project & Support Officer
We are seeking an organised, efficient and experienced project and support officer with fantastic communication skills to join our Planning service. This is an exciting and key role in the service to support the planning teams within planning to provide strong, proactive and accurate project and administration support.
You’ll be at the forefront of and deliver first class customer service to both internal and external customers working closely with our customer service team.
Project & Support Officer Responsibilities:
• Support the introduction and delivery of a project management approach to the service
• Support the introduction and delivery of resource management within the service
• Support the introduction and delivery of a consistent, clearly structured approach to storing electronic information in the service
• Prepare accurate and customer focussed letters, reports and emails within corporate and service timescales
• Carry out the full remit of administration duties e.g. diary management, arranging meetings, preparing for meetings, preparing monthly reports for the cabinet members, dealing with sensitive and confidential matters, responding to customer queries
• Assist with FOI requests and responses
The duties may vary from time to time without changing the nature of the post or the level of responsibility and the post holder may also be required to carry out any other duties appropriate to the grading of the post.
Project & Support Officer Requirements:
• Educated to degree level or equivalent, or equivalent level of experience
• Advanced level MS Word and Excel
• At least two years in a customer focused office environment demonstrating strong customer service skills
• Experience of managing and driving small projects
• Excellent time management or prioritisation skills
• Ability to carry out research and present a clear summary of findings
About South Oxfordshire District council & Vale of White Horse District Council:
South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse District Councils are forward-thinking local authorities, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who can communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme.
Salary: £30,854 to £36,456 per annum
Job Type: Full-time, 2 year Fixed Term Contract
Hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Milton Park, Oxfordshire
Closing date: 25 September 2020
Interview date: 7 October 2020
Benefits: A basic 24 days annual leave per annum, rising to 29 days after five years. You also have all the bank holidays to look forward to and time off between Christmas and New Year. Flexible Working and annualised hours. Salary pay awards. A generous career average pension scheme which includes life insurance of three times your salary and many many more.
You may have experience of the following: Administrator, Project Support Officer, Admin Assistant, Local Authority, Customer Service, Project Support, Team Administrator, Project Support Assistant, Administration, Project Management, Word, Excel, MS Project etc.
Project & Support Officer