Project Assistant (Veterinary)
SPANA (Society for Protection of Animals) is a UK based NGO founded in 1923, working to improve the health and welfare of working animals worldwide. SPANA targets working animals in a number of the poorest countries in Africa, Asia and Middle East. Our aim is to improve the health and welfare of working animals through direct veterinary intervention, training and capacity building programmes, community development initiatives and children’s education. SPANA also operates emergency and outreach projects with partner organisations worldwide.
Position: Veterinary Project Assistant
Location: SPANA Head office, London
Job type: Part Time, Permanent
Hours: 21 hours a week. Happy to talk flexible working
Salary: £20,700 per annum
Benefits: 13.5 days annual leave, excluding bank holidays, Childcare vouchers, Christmas closure, Cycle to work scheme, Death in service, Discounted gym memberships, Employee Assistance Programme, Enhanced pension scheme, Eyecare vouchers, Flat Rental Scheme, Flexible working, Holiday rollover scheme, Occupational sick pay, Private medical insurance, Season ticket loan, Training and development, Travel Insurance.
About the role:
The Project Assistant will assist the Veterinary Department in grouping, inputting and analysing data to lead evidence based research projects and training, as well as coordinating the ordering of drugs and equipment (in the UK and abroad) and assisting in the organising of training courses and other veterinary related activities.
It is fundamental that the successful candidate be willing to occasionally travel to countries we operate in and enjoy all aspects of administration and management required to support our projects from London.
- Input and basic analysis of data collected within the veterinary department, in support of and for monitoring veterinary led projects.
- Administrative support to veterinary team.
- Review veterinary KPIs, liaisons with other departments in the delivery of these as appropriate.
- Improving clinical standards overseas through audits, development of resources, protocols and relevant training props to our staff.
- Organising and co-ordinating our Annual Regional Meeting and other SPANA CPD projects.
- Coordination of SPANA’s projects, involving: Drug and equipment procuring, ordering and shipping to all veterinary projects (including mobile clinics, permanent centres and clinical skills centres). Clinical audit assistance in our centres and mobile clinics. Assisting, planning and contributing to training of our teams / partners.
- Assist in designing and implementing of projects under the supervision of the veterinary team
- Preparation for SPANA annual review.
- Assist in planning and implementing Annual Country Plans regarding the veterinary programmes.
- Collate and respond to project applications.
- Handling supporters’ enquiries pertaining to SPANA’s work and to working animal matters.
- Involvement in production of education and promotional materials.
- Input and basic analysis of data collected.
- Experience of producing, managing and monitoring budgets.
- A culturally sensitive communicator.
- Excellent organisation, planning and follow up skills.
- Strong IT skills.
- Good team player.
- Experience of liaising with in-country colleagues and managing material resources effectively.
- Understanding of the role and importance of livestock and working animals to the economies of low-income countries.
- Basic level of fluency in French (written and spoken).
- Willingness to travel overseas independently.
- Flexibility to work outside standard office working hours.
You may have experience of the following: Project Assistant, Programme Management, Project Coordinator, Relationship Management, Programme Administrator, Project Management, Project Administrator, Programme Coordinator, etc.
£20,700 per annum
4 months ago
Project Assistant (Veterinary)