The MoJ Project Delivery Function (PDF), which sits within the Chief Finance Officer’s Group, is responsible for the functional leadership of the Project Delivery Profession within the MoJ. The Project Delivery Function Management Office lead on the recruitment of Project Delivery Professionals into the MoJ PD Function, manage assignment allocation and the Business Management of the Project Delivery Function.
As PDFMO Support, you will be provided with an interesting and supported introduction to Project Management. As PDFMO Support, you will be responsible for a diverse range of activities to support the delivery of the PDFMO's objectives.
You will be expected to support the PDFMO management with activities such as providing communication between with the business, maintenance of central project records and production of regular management reports and support of recruitment campaigns.
MoJ expects its employees to show openness, honesty and commitment, and, of course, to deliver results.
Key responsibilities of the role
• Planning and scheduling – Assist with and maintain appropriate systems to enable effective planning and scheduling.
• Monitoring and reporting – Assist in maintaining project controls and in producing project reports.
• Admin – Responsible for project file management using robust version control. Organise key project meetings, and provide secretariat support.
• Resources – Management of staff as appropriate, including their development.
• Stakeholder – Assist with maintaining the stakeholder log for internal and external stakeholders. Act as the focal point for project responses to external requests for information.
• Financial control – Assist with the monitor of project spend and contribute to the compilation of budgets. Maintains an accurate asset register for the project.
• Risks and Issues – Assist with and maintain risk and issue logs, escalating as appropriate.
Additional Skills for the Post
• Ability to work with a range of different audiences and stakeholders.
• Effective communication skills when dealing with senior leaders.
• Ability to prioritise in a face paced environment.
• Attention to detail, ability to make decisions and upwards manage.
• Interest in Project Delivery and improving us as a profession.
• Flexibility in changing requirements and environments.
• This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to the priorities of a senior management team in the MoJ Project Delivery Directorate and Function.
• In an increase in your profile at both a senior level and across our Directorate.
• Opportunity to learn about project management and access to learning and development opportunities that support that.
• Help to develop core skills that will support you across a range of roles in your career, for example budget management.
• Opportunities to be involved in a range of team projects and wider Corporate initiatives.
ResponsibilitiesPlease refer to Job Description
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Stakeholder Engagement