Project Manager | Permanent | Dunstable
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join our IT team based in Dunstable, where you will be involved in projects across the Whitbread brands such as Premier Inn, Beefeater & Table Table.
The core purpose of the role is to project manage the delivery of new IT-enabled business capabilities in line with Whitbread’s strategy. This includes all aspects of project management: Project Planning, Resource Management, Financial Management, Risk Management, Communication, Supplier Management, Investment Planning, Governance & Compliance, Change Control and Solution Delivery.
What you will be doing:
- Successfully deliver IT projects to agreed schedule, budget and scope in line with the agreed business plan– projects are focused on delivering core IT-enabled business capabilities.
- Day to day engagement with multi-stakeholder group, including senior management, Programme manager, IT colleagues, external IT suppliers to ensure all parties are fully aware of project timelines, expectations and status.
- Ensure compliance with IT and business governance standards
- Responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of IT projects
- Setting realistic and practical goals for the project
- Evaluate progress of the project on a frequent basis and make timely interventions as needed to drive down project risk
- Manage third-party supplier project deliverables to time, cost and quality.
- Take responsibility at project level for all dimensions of the project: delivery, governance, reporting, risk & issues, financial/budget management, resourcing and communication
- Manage the transition from project delivery into managed support arrangements
- Manage, direct and motivate key IT project resources (business analyst, test) and other key resources across the technology function in a matrix style organisational structure
- Maintain project quality by establishing and enforcing organisational standards
- Manage financial objectives by forecasting and preparing project budgets, scheduling expenditures, analysing variances and initiating corrective actions
- Support the IT Programme Manager and IT Business Partner in preparation of project investment cases
What we are looking for:
- Experience of managing multiple IT projects, including budgets up to £500k
- Demonstrable experience of delivering business IT solutions into operational use
- Proven experience of directing and motivating project teams
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Project management practices and methodologies
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry or equivalent, e.g. Retail, Travel
- Solid foundation of technology knowledge and ability to adapt new skills and techniques as they emerge in the fast-moving technology sector
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Collaborative approach to stakeholder management
- Ability to manage a project end-to-end, assign and manage work activities, meet deadlines and develop project management reporting in a timely and effective manner.
- Good problem-solving skills and good organisational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
In return we will offer:
- A market competitive base salary
- Up to 30% Bonus pro rata
- Sharesave scheme
- A genuine flexible working policy
- Individual BUPA healthcare
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Free parking across our Head Office campus
- Subsidised restaurant / canteen
- Up to 25% discount off our brands
- 25 days annual leave + bank holiday pro rata + Holiday buy scheme