We have exciting opportunity for a Project Manager experienced in ‘Agile’ delivery to join our UK Insurance CIO team.
Aviva provides around 31 million customers worldwide with insurance, savings and investment products. We are the UK’s largest insurer and one of Europe’s leading providers of life, health and general insurance. We are committed to serving our customers well by defying uncertainty and removing complexity in order to build a stronger, sustainable business, which makes a positive contribution to society, and for which our people are proud to work.
Aviva’s Transformation and Mandatory Change agenda is fast paced, broad, diverse and challenging so we are seeking Project Managers who can drive clarity, break through the complexity and work collaboratively with a wide range of people, stakeholders and key suppliers.
We need people to be adaptable and flexible in role in order that we create resource fluidity across CIO. This may mean that in one assignment you could be asked to be a Scrum Master for a Development Team aligned to the Transformation agenda or asked to Project Manage a number of initiatives through to delivery.
The role will involve:
- Management, governance and delivery of end to end change assignments
- Motivate, coach and mentor people to drive productivity
- Provide internal and external communications that are both clear and transparent
- Organise and facilitate planning, story development or requirement gathering sessions as well as other key ceremonies/forms
- Identify, track and manage impediments and dependencies
- Maintaining a clear line of sight to the overall plan and key objectives
- Management of virtual teams to achieve delivery milestones and outcomes
- Multiple set of suppliers and other stakeholders including external
- Have a good understanding of Scrum/Kanban, proven experience as a Scrum Master sand the delivery of key features
- Consistently worked in collaboration with Applications Development, IT Service, business areas and/or 3rd party suppliers
- Ability to track metrics and facilitate discussions to help the delivery team continuously improve
- Ensuring delivery and governance of agreed pieces of work to time, cost and quality
- Ability to understand technical issues in order to help the team navigate their way through blockers preventing progress
- Demonstrate effective control and governance of risk, dependency and issue management
- To build and maintain strong relationships with the business, aligned project resource and other key stakeholders
- To engage with Service and release management in a timely manner to ensure the provision of controlled environments and release management processes in order to support change
- Quality Management of the IT Delivery Approach (continual challenge and improve organisation/process / estimation)
- To be the first point of contact for communications – cascading down to team, creating clear line of sight to IT and Change, Aviva objectives, communications & messaging
- Ability to adapt style & approach to audience need & preference
Soft Skills & Competencies
- Proven track record in managing successfully end-to-end IT and change projects / programmes to consistently high standards (time, quality & cost)
- Likely to be greater than 5 yrs experience in project management
- Strong stakeholder management, the ability to interact with people inside and outside of the organisation at all levels
- Leadership; the ability to get things done through others and by inspiring people to do the work
- Putting the customer at the heart of what we do and our thinking
- Being innovative to solve problems and overcome issues
- Knowledge of business analysis
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- 29 Days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in the The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential).
Please apply through the website and then notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Ali Aurakzai in the Resourcing team at Ali.Aurakzai@Aviva.com