We're committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities, we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country's services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self-starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for
We believe that we are what we do.
It's more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we're proud to be the better
What is the purpose of this role?
The Project Manager will manage all aspect of construction delivery following handover from the programme team. To ensure health and safety, quality and environmental compliance and performance. Provide construction input in to the Cx1-3 process ensuring build ability and operability. Strong background in commercial management, change management and sub contract management is essential. Identifies and communicates performance issues to delivery manager. Provide programme updates and KPI data to the programme team.
What will this role involve?
- Project planning, programming, control and risk management
- Development of construction execution strategy.
- The management and implementation of aBV Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Management Systems
- Management of all stakeholder and shared services departments post Cx3.
- The ability to manage and motivate the project delivery team and ensure that project timescales and target outputs are met
- The management and procurement of materials and supply chain.
- The management of project reports and KPI metrics
- Efficient utilisation of internal and external resource
- The chairing of project progress meetings
- The completion of aBV staff assessment and development requirements
- Working with senior management to find ways to improve project execution and drive efficiency
What are we looking for?
Educated to HND/ Degree level in Civil Engineering
Civil Engineering Site Manager's Industry Accreditation Level 4 (CSCS)
CITB SMSTS Site Manager Accreditation
Demonstrated experience in project and programme management
A good level of IT literacy
A driving License
IOSH Managing Safely
Confined Space Training
Experience in deep drainage and shaft construction
What makes this role unique?
You will ensure that the Contract performs to Turnover & Contribution Targets. Creating close working local relationships with clients & Local Authorities, managing their expectations, delivering high, professional standards and championing excellent customer service.