£23,388 per annum
about 1 month ago
Do you want to work with a team that is committed to strengthening how the organisation best supports young people?
This role sits within our Children and Young People Directorate in our Climb Diversionary Programme, working with children and young people at risk of exploitation. We are a new and friendly team who work to enable inspiring and impactful experiences that transform the lives of children and young people.
Project Worker Responsibilities:
You will be able to demonstrate a key understanding and knowledge of child exploitation within a contextual safeguarding approach and be proactive and holistic in providing specialist support to children and young people who have experienced or are at risk of exploitation in order to reduce harm and develop resilience.
You will work to create an inclusive service that is child focused and led; leading on participation activities and drawing out learning from direct work to identify trends and patterns for review and improvement.
Project Worker Requirements:
• Experience of supporting young people who are dealing with complex and sensitive issues
• Experience of delivering assertive outreach programmes to engage hard to reach young people
• Ability to communicate with all stakeholders, written and verbally
• Ability to analyse data
• Ability to motivate and engage others
• Ability to manage professional boundaries
• Ability to plan and manage own workload, using your own initiative
• Working knowledge of relevant policy and practice relating to child protection and safeguarding of young people
• Working knowledge of models and methods for one to one and group work with vulnerable young people.
• Working knowledge of the issues impacting on young people affected by exploitation and those who go missing
• Relevant experience of working with young people from diverse backgrounds, 1-1 and in a group setting.
About The Children’s Society:
The Children’s Society runs over 100 local services that help thousands of young people who desperately need our support, and we campaign to get laws and policies changed to make children’s lives happier and safer.
Every day we’re changing the lives of children in this country for the better – and with your help, tomorrow we can be there for even more.
The Children’s Society is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practices across our services.
Location: Homebased with frequent community work covering the Worcestershire area.
Job type: Fixed Term Contract until 31st March 2023
Salary: £23,388 per annum
Closing date: 10th January 2021
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Assistant Support Worker, Care Worker, Social Worker, Project Worker, Link Worker, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Customer Service, Support Worker, Care Worker, Social Housing, Challenging Behaviour, Social Care, Supported Housing, Not for Profit, Social Worker, Housing Association, Community Support, Vulnerable People, etc.