Property Administration Assistant Apprentice
The aim of the Property Team is to ensure that all properties are maintained safely, the facilities that we manage are run efficiently, and that we ensure customer service and best practice are given priority.
This is an exciting opportunity to provide support to the facilities and Property team across South Oxfordshire and the Vale of White HorseDistrict Councils. You will learn and carry out administrative and support duties including efficient running of the post room. The role is ideal for someone who wants to begin a career in office management and/or local government.
The successful applicant will work towards achieving a National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) level 3 Business and Administration, which they will be expected to complete within two years. You will be given a two-year apprenticeship contract.
Property Administration Assistant Apprentice Responsibilities:
- Answering telephone, postal and email enquiries, prioritising requests and allocating tasks. This will include assisting with managing reactive works and health and safety issues to help come to a safe conclusion.
- Ensuring that good customer service is maintained with all property service stakeholders
- Assisting the team through sub-contractor management
- Ensuring that accurate and appropriate records are kept and updated using both IT and manual systems, ensuring that confidentiality and data protection are observed
- Raise purchase orders, places orders and code invoices for the Facilities and Property team
- Monitoring and ordering consumables for the general stock at Milton Park and ensuring they are always available for officer use.
- Sorting of incoming mail and franking outgoing mail, ensuring that the post room KPIs are met at all times including periods around elections and high mail volumes
- Provide support to the property team through the use of IT to add or retrieve documentation, to investigate property issues through the use of the systems used by the Council, GIS and Land Registry searches, Agresso or Concerto or service folders.
- To be available to assist in providing cover for the helpdesk and post room through a rota to maintain an 8:30-17:00 service Monday to Thursday and 8:30- 16:30 service on Fridays.
Property Administration Assistant Apprentice Requirements:
- You must be able to provide rota cover between 8:30 and 17:00 through flexible working.
- Ability to stay calm in order to address a reactive task and manage it to a safe conclusion.
- Experience in using IT packages - email, word and excel.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strength of character to uphold good health and safety practice.
- Good interpersonal skills and a desire to enhance customer service.
- Understanding of confidentiality and business sensitivity.
- Ability to work in a team and to act independently to provide solutions.
Your essential qualifications
- A-C GCSE in Mathematics and English or equivalent level of qualification
About the Councils:
South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse District Councils are forward-thinking local authorities, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who can communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme.
Duration of role: two-year apprenticeship contract.
Hours per week: Full time 37
Location: Milton Park, Didcot
Salary: £17,692 - £19,966
Closing date: 28th February 2021
Under Government guidelines, many of our employees are being asked to undertake their roles from home. This will be discussed in more detail during this roles interview process where required
You may have experience of the following: Administration Apprenticeship, Apprentice, Apprenticeship, Apprentice Administrator, Trainee Scheme, Training Scheme, Administrator, Administration, Admin Assistant, Property Services, Housing, Local Government, Public Sector, Post Room, Mail Room, Office Assistant, etc.