£33,418 to £40,102 per annum
14 days ago
Salary: £33,418 to £40,102 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Head Office South Manchester
Benefits: Include fabulous, new, modern office environment, great pension options, 26 days holiday plus bank holidays, option to buy and sell, flexi days, fantastic learning and development opportunities, savings club, cycle to work scheme and much more
About the role:
Reporting to the .NET Developer Team Lead, the QA Tester will work with the Software Development Team and wider Technology Services teams to successfully quality check and assurances of in house development products and third party systems are delivered effectively to the business.
To ensure that the software application satisfies the Business Requirement Specification and System Requirement Specifications. To make sure that the end result meets the business and user requirements. Finding defects which may get created by the developer while creating the software.
- Review and analyse system specifications
- Perform all possibilities of the test cases of functional requirements
- Perform all possibilities of the test cases of non-functional requirements
- Try to think-outside-the-box to detect unusual / intermittent defects
- Perform regression tests
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Prepare data and scripts for QA testing
- Keep logs of defects, ready for reporting
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Any other duties reasonably requested
- To ensure the responsibilities of the post are carried out in a way that reflects the standards, vision and values of Great Places
- To deliver value for money and manage resources effectively and efficiently, ensuring that targets (financial and non-financial) are met
- To promote Great Places to employers, sector bodies, and the local community, developing effective partnerships with employers, the funding agencies and other representative bodies
- To observe all policies / procedures / working practices / regulations and in particular to comply with Great Places Equality and Diversity Policy, Health and Safety Policy and Safeguarding Policy
- To undertake appropriate training and staff development
- To identify and develop individual contribution in the delivery of the Great Places competency framework
- Proven experience as a QA Tester or similar role
- Experience of project management and QA methodologies
- Experience with Agile frameworks and regression testing
- Working knowledge of test management software i.e. SQL, qTest, Zephyn
- Demonstrable quality portfolio
- Experience in testing software applications
- Degree level or equivalent in Information Technology
- Visual Studio
- Team Foundation Server / Service
- Attention to Detail
- Team player
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Able to work to ambitious timescales
- Good time and priority management skills
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Knowledge of Social Housing
- Driving licence & access to a car
- HTML and CSS
About our company:
Great Places Housing Group is not your average housing association. We are a forward-thinking, profit-for-purpose business that works hard to improve the lives of residents in our 19,000 homesacross the North West and Yorkshire.
Our work doesn’t stop at our customers’ front door. The surplus we make is invested back into the business to fund building new homes and to provide a full range of support services for some of the most vulnerable members of society including the homeless, young parents, older people and those with mental health needs.
We are extremely proud of our dedicated, passionate and friendly colleagues who live our values and work hard to make a difference every day. Working for us you will be part of something special and in return, we offer a competitive package with a range of enhanced benefits and learning and development opportunities to help you achieve and exceed your potential.
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.