York, YN, GB, YO91 1XY
Nestlé UK & Ireland
Group Quality - York
Salary circa £25,000 depending on experience plus excellent companywide benefits
12 month fixed term contract
We have an exciting opportunity here in York; we are looking for a Quality Specialist to join the Quality team.
All Nestlé factories are responsible for producing goods, which meet the exceptional standards of food safety, hygiene and quality, which are the hallmark of every Nestlé product. That is where the Nestlé quality team comes in. We are the champions of quality across all Nestlé businesses in the UK. Our job is to ensure that our products always meet the expectations of our consumers and to provide our colleagues in Production & Technical with the best practice Quality Assurance that will make this possible.
A day in the life of...
You will be working in a team of Quality professionals who will have high expectations, but will support and develop you in your role. You will be representing Nestlé to our suppliers and you will have contact with a wide range of individuals across the Nestlé business and our factories. You will be expected to learn new tasks quickly; prioritise and manage your workload; and work effectively in a team.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Ensuring that the technical and quality data for all ingredient and packaging suppliers is kept updated. This includes requesting updated certification documentation and ingredient information from suppliers and supporting the use of new suppliers.
- Checking the information returned from suppliers for changes against previously supplied information and material specifications. Queries will need to be followed up with suppliers and significant changes must be shared within Nestlé.
- Supporting the development and use of quality management systems through user access checks, system checks, training, troubleshooting and workshops. Identifying and implementing improvements to ways of working.
- Supporting factories and the business by carrying out projects and supporting improvement initiatives.
- Maintaining the competency development manuals for Quality and Production personnel and supporting the development of training materials for improving quality competency.
What will make you successful
We are looking for an agile individual with excellent attention to detail. Other attributes are:
- University graduate or equivalent (preferred science or food science related).
- Experience of working on projects and organising workload.
- An analytical thinker with a keen eye for detail.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- A keen interest in continuous improvement activities.
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date for this role is 19th January 2021.
We would like to conduct interviews as soon as possible so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Ready to take the next step?