Are you an experienced Quantity Surveyor with a background in Civils or Highways?
Here at Amey, within our Transport Infrastructure division, we have an opportunity for a talented Quantity Surveyor to join our team. Working on the Sheffield Highways contract you will lead a robust cost management process on an account value over £15m, to maximise productivity and enhance service to the client.
Your week will be split between home, the office in Olive Grove and on site. You will work closely with a range of key stakeholders and supervise an Assistant QS.
This opportunity is a Band C role and offers car, 24 days holiday, contributory pension, flexible working and access to a range of Amey savings.
- Maintain constant focus on project cost reduction whilst enhancing service to client; propose and promote innovative thinking to increase efficiencies and reduce cost base
- Drive value through accurate determination of outputs and reconciliation of costs
- Manage the compliance of commercial functions in measuring works, managing variations and resolving measurement queries/disputes to ensure timely client payments
- Manage compliance and production of monthly CVR process in line with company policies, procedures & reporting timelines and interface with finance and Account Director/Manager to ensure accurate project accounts are maintained
- Contribute to the formulation of the monthly financial reports, both internal management accounts and external applications for payment
- Manage project commercial KPI's to ensure compliance
- Manage project forecasting activities ensuring high level of accuracy
- Establishing with operational teams suitable subcontracts across many disciplines
- Manage project sub-contract procurement process including interface with Group Procurement/Contract Services
- Manage sub-contract application, liability, certification and payment process, including accurate & timely measurement and reporting, ensuring payments made in accordance with contractual obligations
- Assist in the Business Development process in producing information for PQQs and Tenders in relation to the project deliverable to the client and the project deliverable requirement to the business
Ideally you will have 5 years of Quantity Surveying experience and working towards RICS
Amey is an equal opportunities employer