York, YN, GB, YO91 1XY
NESTEC York LTD
Pilot Plant Technician
Nestle Product Technology Centre- York
Salary between £24,950 and £32,000 depending on experience
We have an amazing opportunity, we are looking for a Pilot Plant Technician, based in our Product Technology Centre in York, to work with our specialist teams and play a vital role in the supporting of projects and the development and testing of new products and processes. You will be rewarded with an excellent benefits package & more importantly, you’ll be working with a range of products that will inspire you.
Being a Pilot Plant Technician at Nestlé is about more than just assisting project leaders with factory trials. It is about having a self-motivated mind-set and being a person who wants to broaden their technical and product knowledge. Does this sound like you? Then read on….
NPTC York is the leading centre for confectionery research and development, and works closely with Nestlé worldwide. Our objective is to provide ideas, technical innovation and scientific support including product, process, technology and packaging development necessary for the future growth and profitability of the confectionery business.
As a Pilot Plant Technician, you will be a key team member in our state of the art experimental Pilot Plant and occasionally on other Nestlé sites both in the UK and abroad.
Key day-to-day activities will be:
- Assisting project leaders in designing and conducting pilot plant and factory trials, which will involve the preparation and provision of raw materials & equipment, ensuring the trials, are carried out safely & hygienically & providing troubleshooting assistance when needed.
- Manage compliance documentation related to your area of responsibility and to take part in LEAN & structured problem solving initiatives.
- Building operational knowledge within own field, contribute to the knowledge building and sharing in NPTC/R&D.
- You will also ensure all controlled documents within your area are accurate and up to date, as you will issue working instructions to be followed by Nestlé PTC staff.
We are looking for a creative, agile individual with a good understanding of a confectionery product category and/or an industrial background.
Other key attributes include:
- You will have had exposure to project and support activities within a team environment.
- You will be I.T literate, have strong written and oral communication skills and be a logical process thinker with a genuine desire to achieve great results.
- Experienced in continuous improvement with a result focussed mind-set will be adventurous.
- With your customer focus mind-set you will have the ability to communicate complex information through your presentation skills.
- It is vital that you are able to build strong working relationships that will be shared across the global PTC network.
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date for this role is 21st October 2020
We would like to conduct interviews as soon as possible so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Ready to take the next step?