Radar Cross-Section Operator/Analyst - Competitive Salary - Chichester
A leading defence and security consultancy are looking for an experience physisit to join the organisation on a permanent basis within their radar team.
The Radar Cross Section (RCS) capability provides a measurement, analysis and advice service to the UK MOD for the radar signature management of platforms and their countermeasures in the Maritime and Air domains.
The purpose of the role is to take part in RCS measurement trials and perform post trial analysis and reporting.
- Delivery of RCS measurements in accordance with the trials documentation and tasking. This may require deploying away from the home site, including on-board the platform being measured and operating the carry on-board equipment.
- Undertaking the analysis of RCS measurements and producing customer reports detailing the results of the analysis within the agreed time-scales.
- Complying with all Health and Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Supporting the development of an enhanced RCS analysis tool set using MATLAB.
- Supporting and undertaking other RCS and antenna measurement activities on the fixed ranges in accordance with the procedures and the tasking.
Required Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- A first degree in a numerate subject (e.g. Physics, Mathematics, Engineering).
- An interest in radar.
- Willingness to undertake radar measurements in the field.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Understanding and experience of using software-programming languages.
- Ability to analyse measurements and report on them in a clear and concise manner.
Excellent salary and benefits package commensurate with a large international company some of which are highlighted below:
- Competitive salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discount & Dining cards