Range Manager (eCommerce)
As our Ranger Manager for eCommerce you'll be responsible for the management of and strategic direction of all our eCommerce ranges. You will own the building & development of ranges for our Hallmark website, Amazon and new online marketplace ventures and provide strategic direction and the eCommerce overlay for the online ranges of our retail accounts. Ensuring the ranges are commercial, meet our shopper needs, as well as being the most efficient and profitable ranges for Hallmark and the retailer.
You are accountable for the eCommerce range & product roadmap (CPD) and will work collaboratively with the eCommerce Producer to ensure that all new ranges for Everyday and Seasonal activity are launched across relevant channels efficiently and to schedule.
You will report directly into the Head of eCommerce with a dotted line into the Head of Range Planning and have indirect leadership and management accountability for the eCommerce production team, merchandisers and product teams.
Range Manager (eCommerce) Responsibilities:
• Build ranges for our eCommerce ventures that reflect shopper needs taking into consideration demographics, affluence, local needs, the fast evolving online shopping mission and the specific challenges presented by each channel opportunity ensuring maximum consumer conversion.
• Inform & influence the range strategy and product development (including direct to consumer packaging) by feeding back trading insight to the product, creative and customer teams to ensure the range fits eCommerce Hallmark brand & customer strategic objectives.
• In partnership with Web Trading Manager, lead the range development for Hallmark.co.uk into new innovative product categories to grow and develop Hallmark’s online trading proposition.
• Maximize Trading opportunities, promotional activities and eCommerce ranging innovation.
• Provide the eCommerce overlay and represent eCommerce for 9 Box and ranging strategies at all reviews for our retail accounts and represent eCommerce at our Retail customers final range selection customer sign-offs.
• Collaborate with your Hallmark global eCommerce range planning colleagues to continually develop global efficiencies and learning within Hallmark. Externally, stay abreast of innovation in eCommerce product ranging, online product category leadership and be the eCommerce range planning SME for the Hallmark website.
• Support the wider e-Commerce & range planning teams with varied duties through peak Trading/Operational times.
Range Manager (eCommerce) Requirements:
• To champion the customer by demonstrating a strong understanding of differing shopper needs and missions, particularly those of the online shopper, and can translate this into ranging requirements.
• To have a previous solid experience of buying or range building experience in cards or similar category working alongside retail merchandisers to set up a range framework. Experience of applying this knowledge in an online environment would be an advantage.
• To have experience of using and interpreting shopper insight and web analytics to assist in the creation of online range plans.
• To be experienced at working in a fast paced, commercial environment and are not afraid to challenge the status quo.
• Previous experience of working in an eCommerce team in a range, merchandising or web trading capacity.
• To have good organisational and strong communication skills. Keen to face challenges head on, are energised by change and not afraid to make tough decisions.
• To be great at collaborating to gain stakeholder engagement and buy-in across a matrix organisation.
Based at our Dawson Lane site in Bradford, close to key motorway links you’ll be able to take advantage of:
• Competitive salary
• 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Health cashback scheme
• Pension benefit
• Flexible working opportunities
• Free onsite parking
• A variety of other cultural and lifestyle benefits, aimed at promoting a positive work/life balance
Location: Bradford (BD4)
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
You may have experience of the following: eCommerce, E-Commerce, Range Controller, Range Builder, Retail Merchandiser, Range Manager, Retail Merchandising, Category Manager, Category Management, Product Manager, Product Management, Range Planner, Range Planning, Buyer etc.
Range Manager (eCommerce)