Role: Range, Price & Promotions Manager
Function: Restaurants Marketing
Topline salary: c. £45,000 basic + bonus + benefits
Do you have experience leading on the food range, pricing and promotions plan for a hospitality or retail brand? Are you highly commercial and customer/guest centric? Do you thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment?
Whitbread’s Restaurants Marketing team is looking for an experienced and driven individual to lead on the creation and delivery of the range, price and promotional plan for the steak and hotel platform, which includes Beefeater, Bar & Block, PI Thyme, PI Lounge/Hub and PI Zip.
What you will be doing:
- Lead the menu management process for the steak and hotel platform, ensuring we have the right range, level of newness and great tasting food that our guests will love across the estate
- Deliver an effective pricing strategy for all steak and hotel platforms (food only), thus optimising sales and profit performance whilst maintaining a healthy guest perception of value for money
- Be responsible for the annual commercial steak and hotel trade plan, adapting to the changing economic climate and competitor activity in order to deliver budget and market share expectations
- Be accountable for the steak and hotel food margin, working closely with development and procurement to deliver margin targets, manage inflation and drive a lowering cost agenda
- Act as a guardian of the customer, ensuring customer and other stakeholder insights are understood and acted upon throughout the business
- Creation and delivery of the commercial trade plan on budget, on time and to the outlined sales & profit targets to drive market share (through improved guest frequency and acquisition of new guests)
Why we’d love you to apply:
- Experience of working with value pub/restaurant brands or a supermarket chain
- Demonstrates a commercial, numerate and results orientation attitude with utmost focus on guest
- Strong commercial acumen – understanding of operational business drivers and levers impacting sales & margin – especially in the area of price elasticity, promotional effectiveness and driving overall profit growth
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with high levels of gravitas, influencing skills and strong team-building skills
- Creative and disruptive thinker with the ability to deliver on a practical and commercial basis
- Experience in developing a cooperative environment by promoting cross-functional working, identifying areas of opportunity and proactively leading development of plans to realise potential
In return, we will offer you:
(Bullet points, delete as appropriate)
- Basic salary c. £45K depending on experience
- Sharesave scheme
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- A genuine flexible working policy
- Individual BUPA healthcare
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Up to 25% discount off our brands
- Perks at work
As a leading British business of more than 275 years standing, we have experienced turbulent times before and adapted and evolved to remain one of the hospitality sector’s most successful companies. Built on such robust foundations, our expertise has meant we responded decisively throughout this year with our teams, guests and the continuity of our business at the heart of every decision we made. We acted quickly, to ensure we were prepared for the future, whatever it may hold.
What continues to set us apart are our excellent products and people. We have much loved brands such as Beefeater, Brewers Fayre, Bar + Block alongside exciting up and coming propositions such as Cookhouse & Pub. And in Premier Inn, we have the UK’s favourite budget hotel chain, currently outperforming the market and ambitious for more as we execute our plans in both the UK and Germany. At Whitbread, we remain true to our values and put our people at the centre of everything we do.