Davies and Partners Solicitors is a well-established law firm with over 30 years’ experience. It has a national reputation for excellence in the Property sector and strength in depth in a wide selection of other legal services for businesses & individuals. There are 4 offices in London, Birmingham, Bristol and Gloucester.
This role reports to the Personnel Manager in Bristol.
To provide at all times an efficient and friendly telephone answering and customer facing service for Davies and Partners whilst observing confidentiality.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Answering all incoming telephone calls and transferring them to the relevant extensions
- Taking messages if, and when, required and ensuring they are taken/brought to the attention of the relevant fee-earner or secretary
- Greeting visitors in Reception and providing refreshments as necessary
- Tidiness and organisation of meetings room before and after use
- Booking meeting rooms
- Assisting with preparing and laying out lunches for client or internal meetings
- Making a log of staff members who have phoned in sick and informing HR and the Line Manager as appropriate whilst maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Maintaining up to date office telephone list
- Reporting any faults found on the telephone system to IT/HR
- Assisting (when trained) in programming the computerised AVAYA Switchboard when alterations are required i.e., people changing desks/offices
- Assisting with opening and closing of the internal shutters at the beginning and end of the day
- Filing dead file index cards
- Filing library inserts
- Assisting in answering calls for the Gloucester Head office.
The following tasks provide a general overview of the types of activity, the candidate will be expected to engage in or oversee on a day-to-day basis. The tasks are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities as all employees are required to be flexible, dynamic and have the capacity to think creatively when presented with challenges.
Your job title does not define or limit your duties and you may be required to carry out other work within your abilities from time to time at our request.
We reserve the right to introduce changes in line with technological developments which may impact upon your job duties or methods of working.
Davies and Partners Solicitors, 250 Aztec West, Park Avenue, Almondsbury, Bristol BS32 4TR
£9 per hour
9 hours per week, Thursday and Friday 1:00 – 5:30pm. There will be a requirement to cover team members holiday and sick leave.
As part of our compliance procedures, applicants are asked to note that:
- references will be followed up;
- all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily;
- proof of identity and (where applicable) qualifications will be required;
-reference requests will ask specifically whether the applicant has ever been subject to any proceedings/complaints initiated by the Law Society or any other professional body.
- appropriate suitability checks may be required prior to confirmation of appointment
Davies and Partners Solicitors provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable national laws. Davies and Partners Solicitors complies with applicable national laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Right to live and work in the UK, e.g. valid UK or EU passport or appropriate visa/work permits.
Education / Qualifications
GCSE’s or equivalent in Maths and English
- Self-organised and proactive
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality and communicate professionally to clients when required.
- Adaptable to the needs of the business as changes occur during the operational requirements
- Competence in the effective use of Information and Communications Technologies (lCT)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to be flexible
- Team player
You may have experience of the following: Receptionist, Administrator, Admin Assistant, Administrative Assistant, Office Assistant, Office Administrator, Front of House, Switchboard, PA, Personal Assistant, etc.
£9.00 per hour
about 1 month ago