Are you an individual that thrives on identifying and implementing new ways of working as well as managing multiple recruitment campaigns whilst demonstrating a high level of stakeholder management?
If so, we would like to hear from you.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our fantastic team of expert Recruiters. You will provide your team with positive and strategic leadership, creating a culture of innovation and building capability to deliver a value add and quality service that meets customer expectations for permanent and contingent labour resourcing. To achieve this you will act as the relationship manager between DfT Resourcing Group (DRG) and our customers building strong working relationships with key stakeholders throughout the Department. You will work very closely with our vacancy holders to provide an effective and inclusive recruitment service that meets business needs and quality standards.
You will have the opportunity to build strong and trusted relationships with our external resourcing partners to collaboratively achieve successful outcomes for our customers and the department as well as having the opportunity to lead in various exciting projects to deliver new and innovative resourcing strategies as we strive to improve the candidate and vacancy holder experience.
Responsibilities• Set strategic direction and lead the Recruitment Delivery Manager and Recruitment Campaign Managers, sharing your knowledge and expertise, building
capability and confidence to ensure the effective delivery of day to day recruitment campaigns
• Build and develop collaborative relationships with Resource Leads, and Stakeholders to influence the approach to recruitment, removing barriers to ensure
that the recruitment flow is seamless and accessible to candidates and vacancy holders
• Ensure that all recruitment and selection activities, including transfers and redeployment, are aligned to the Department’s strategic agenda, and comply with
employment law, the Department’s diversity strategy, equal opportunities legislation and the Civil Service Commissioners Principles
• Use your expert knowledge to deliver innovative and fit for purpose resourcing plans, including attraction strategies, application methods, interviewing
questions and assessment recommendations
• Undertake regular evaluation and analysis of data to understand emerging issues, risks and trends. Use the data to identify opportunities and drive key
• Proactively work with the Business and your team to ensure that diversity and inclusion is a key part of the recruitment and selection strategy and influence
vacancy holders and your team to embrace this approach for all resourcing activity
• Lead on a variety of projects, delivering against the project plan, driving through changes to introduce more effective and efficient ways of working to improve
the candidate and vacancy holder experience
You will come with experience of working in the recruitment sector, with good knowledge and understanding of inclusive attraction, application, sifting and selection tools and processes. You will be adaptable and flexible with the change of a demanding workload and have a drive and energy for continuous improvement. You will bring strong relationship building and influencing skills with the ability to develop and maintain strong links with your stakeholders. You will be an excellent communicator, a strong leader and enjoy collaborating with a diverse range of people.
Additional skills and experiences
• Be a strong advocate for change, driving continuous process improvement
• High level of self-motivation and experience of working within a high pressured operational team with the ability to organise and prioritise workloads to
maximise productivity and meet deadlines
• Take responsibility for your growth and development, seeking out opportunities to build your capability and experience
• Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to analyse complex situations conceptually and provide workable solutions for a range of stakeholders
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to influence and motivate others at all levels within the Department and drive outcomes
• An interest and willingness to work on a range of projects
The role is Swansea based and could involve regular travel to our key locations – London, Bristol, Nottingham and Southampton.
If you have the desire to make a difference and shape future department recruitment campaigns, we would like to hear from you.
Our mission at the Department for Transport is ‘connecting people and places’. Everything we do to achieve this is reinforced by our values:
• Confidence: to challenge, to take action, to innovate
• Excellence: in our professionalism, in our delivery, in our learning
• Teamwork: we are inclusive, we collaborate, we support each other
These values define the kind of organisation we want to be – delivering for today whilst being ambitious for tomorrow.
We embrace diversity and celebrate our differences. Everyone is involved in making DfT an inclusive and great place to work. We actively promote a flexible approach to working whilst giving our staff opportunities to maximise their skills and achieve their full potential.
We are different people, one team.
Find out more about what it's like working at the Department for Transport.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Making Effective Decisions
- Developing Self and Others
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Civil Service HR Career Framework – Strategic Workforce Planning & Resourcing - Level 3 Right Click Here