People Solutions sits within People and Business Services (PBS) Directorate. The directorate delivers strategic interventions to support the organisation in transforming its current capacity and capability as well as on demand services and products in HR, Estates, Health & Safety, Business Services and Security. PBS contribute to maximising the impact and development and leading the people strategy of the Government Statistical Service (GSS) and the Government Analysis Function.
Our fantastic Recruitment Services team recruits across all business areas within the ONS and the UK Statistics Authority (UKSA). In addition, we recruit Statistical Officers in to the Government Statistical Service (GSS). We are currently responding to several high-profile projects that need us to deliver large-scale recruitment solutions at pace. We are looking for professional and pro-active individuals to help us meet these goals.
This role is part of a busy and exciting recruitment team within Recruitment Services. You will be providing a first-class recruitment service to ONS and across government. Recruitment is fast paced and can be a complex process and this role will challenge and reward in equal measure, whilst providing a professional, efficient and comprehensive Human Resources and recruitment administrative support.
Your line manager, the Recruitment Partner, is responsible for the hands-on search and selection activities and leading the team, but the role of the recruitment manager is to oversee everything, managing the team and working closely with customers to understand and satisfy their recruitment needs.
There are both permanent and fixed-term appointments available.
The roles may include travel across the UK to major Government departments when it becomes possible. Our main locations are Newport (South Wales) and Titchfield but we are currently home working.
Responsibilities• Support the Recruitment Partner in managing every stage of recruitment for the ONS, GSS and UK Statistics Authority across your designated area of recruitment;
• Administer and manage specific recruitment campaigns for internal and external applicants, posting vacancy adverts, preparing sift packs, arranging interviews, liaising with assessment panel members, informing candidates of their results following the assessment process and confirming job offers;
•Conducting “mid-campaign health check” during live campaigns, raising any concerns from health check to Recruitment Partner and agreeing additional actions where intervention is needed;
• Manage interaction with a range of stakeholders within ONS and across Government; ensuring all communications are handled in a professional manner whilst ensuring all queries and requests are dealt with efficiently;
• Build and maintain close working relationships with colleagues across the wider team and across government;
• Provide support and guidance to customers on the recruitment process and policies;
•Taking a pro-active, professional and empathetic approach and managing vacancy journey for applicants claiming the Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS) at application stage;
• Providing management oversight of the onboarding process ensuring the effective collection, maintenance and storage of all recruitment related administration;
• Ensure that trackers (and Trello boards where relevant) are kept up to date and that all recruitment activity is fully compliant with Data Protection and Audit requirements;
• Line manage Recruitment Administrator, including Performance and Attendance Management.
•Experience within a recruitment role, to include knowledge of general recruitment principles and the recruitment lifecycle;
•Ability to co-ordinate several activities at the same time, delegating and prioritising workload as necessary, to deliver the end to end recruitment processes to tight deadlines;
•Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a proven record of establishing, building and maintaining strong, collaborative and productive relationships across functional and organisational boundaries, at all levels required;
•Knowledge of the UK Visa and Immigration regulations and how they apply in recruitment;
•Experience of being able to work under pressure with attention to detail ensuring that all recruitment activity is fully compliant with Data Protection and Audit requirements.
•Working knowledge of an Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Managing a Quality Service
- Delivering at Pace
- Working Together
- Changing and Improving