Refinement Plant Operative
You will join us as a Refinement Plant Operative. We are looking for driven individuals to fill new roles within our MBT (Mechanical Biological Treatment) waste facility. These positions are for refinement operators (similar to a Material Recycling Facility, MRF) to run the Refinement facility on a day to day basis.
The role will include duties such as basic plant maintenance duties, cleaning and continuous monitoring of the fixed plant within the refinement area and work as a team to direct other members of staff in the requirements to keep the refinement facility operating. We are looking for individuals who have a positive mind set, the ability to forward think and have a good awareness of health and safety within an industrial environment. A good understanding of figures, data collection and good computer skills are also key attributes we will be looking for in successful candidates.
Refinement Plant Operative Responsibilities:
- Ensure a high level of health and safety is maintained at all times by reporting any issues or incorrect procedures to the refinement controller.
- To control and be the responsible person for the day to day operating and monitoring of the refinement area of the plant and the general area to ensure a safe, clean and productive environment is maintained at all times in the absence of the refinement controller.
- To report on a daily basis to the refinement controller the performance of the plant.
- Providing light maintenance of equipment through autonomous maintenance practice.
- Responsibility for operating refinement to ensure desired outputs and required quality is achieved.
- To support the drive and change in the refinement process.
- Attend CI meetings and take away actions.
Refinement Plant Operative Requirements:
- Willingness to learn and undertake studies to obtain level 2 City and Guilds Qualification in Sustainable Waste Management.
- Good understanding of health, safety and environmental compliance.
- Operation of similar plant.
- Knowledge of MRF plant operations.
- Good customer service skills.
- Lives within 20-mile radius of the plant.
- Computer literate.
- Ensure environmental compliance.
- Experience of working in a waste management environment (desirable)
- Fire Marshal training (desirable)
- First aider (desirable)
- Basic plant maintenance (desirable)
- Basic mechanical skills (desirable)
- Basic knowledge of environmental compliance issues associated with waste disposal (desirable)
About Renewi plc:
Renewi PLC is a leading waste-to-product business ideally positioned to be part of the solution to some of the main environmental problems facing society today: reducing waste, avoiding pollution, and preventing the unnecessary use of finite natural resources.
Location: Wath upon Dearne, South Yorkshire S63 7LL
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, Average 42 hours per week. 4on, 4off. Early shift, 05:00 to 17:00, late shift, 11:00 to 23:00
Salary: £24,604 per annum
Benefits: 23 days holiday a year inclusive of bank holidays, employer enhanced Company pension scheme with 4 times extended life assurance cover, option to join Company Share Save scheme, a range of discounts at nationwide retailers through our benefits partner, learning and development opportunities and much more.
You may have experience of the following: Refinement Operator, MBT Refinement Operator, Plant Operative, Manufacturing Operative, Production Operator, Production Line, Manufacturing Operator, Waste Management, Continuous Improvement, Health & Safety, etc
Wath upon Dearne
£24604 per annum
19 days ago
Refinement Plant Operative