£24,604 per annum
6 days ago
You will join us as a Refinement Plant Operative.
We are looking for driven individuals to fill new roles within our MBT (Mechanical Biological Treatment) waste facility. These positions are for refinement operators (similar to a Material Recycling Facility, MRF) to run the Refinement facility on a day to day basis. The role will include duties such as basic plant maintenance duties, cleaning and continuous monitoring of the fixed plant within the refinement area and work as a team to direct other members of staff in the requirements to keep the refinement facility operating. We are looking for individuals who have a positive mind set, the ability to forward think and have a good awareness of health and safety within an industrial environment. A good understanding of figures, data collection and good computer skills are also key attributes we will be looking for in successful candidates.
- Ensure a high level of health and safety is maintained at all times by reporting any issues or incorrect procedures to the refinement controller.
- To control and be the responsible person for the day to day operating and monitoring of the refinement area of the plant and the general area to ensure a safe, clean and productive environment is maintained at all times in the absence of the refinement controller.
- To report on a daily basis to the refinement controller the performance of the plant.
- Providing light maintenance of equipment through autonomous maintenance practice.
- Responsibility for operating refinement to ensure desired outputs and required quality is achieved.
- To support the drive and change in the refinement process.
- Attend CI meetings and take away actions.
- To carry out any other such reasonable job related tasks that the Company may require.
- Willingness to learn and undertake studies to obtain level 2 City and Guilds Qualification in Sustainable Waste Management.
- Good understanding of health, safety and environmental compliance.
- Operation of similar plant.
- Knowledge of MRF plant operations.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good understanding of process figures with a drive to hit to targets.
- Lives within 20-mile radius of the plant.
- Computer literate.
- Ensure environmental compliance.
- Experience of working in a waste management environment.
- Fire Marshal training.
- First aider.
- Basic plant maintenance.
- Basic mechanical skills.
- Basic knowledge of environmental compliance issues associated with waste disposal.
About Renewi plc:
Renewi PLC is a leading waste-to-product business ideally positioned to be part of the solution to some of the main environmental problems facing society today: reducing waste, avoiding pollution, and preventing the unnecessary use of finite natural resources.
The UK Services Division of Renewi PLC employs approximately 700 employees over 39 locations and collectively we handle more than 1.97 million tonnes of waste annually, achieving a 73% recycling and recovery rate.
As a Group, Renewi PLC employs approximately 8,000 employees over 250 locations in 9 countries in Europe and North America. Collectively we handle more than 15 million tonnes of waste annually, achieve a 90% recycling and recovery rate and avoid 3 million tonnes of carbon pollution. We have the broadest range of waste-to-product services in the industry. Above all, our team is committed and passionate about our mission: waste no more.
Location: Wath upon Dearne, South Yorkshire S63 7LL
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, Average 42 hours per week. 4on, 4off. Early shift, 05:00 to 17:00, late shift, 11:00 to 23:00
Salary: £24,604 per annum
Benefits: 33 days holiday a year inclusive of bank holidays, employer enhanced Company pension scheme with 4 times extended life assurance cover, option to join Company Share Save scheme, a range of discounts at nationwide retailers through our benefits partner, learning and development opportunities and much more.
You may have experience of the following: Refinement Operator, MBT Refinement Operator, Plant Operative, Manufacturing Operative, Production Operator, Production Line, Manufacturing Operator, Waste Management, Continuous Improvement, Health & Safety, etc.