This role plays a key part in processing the first stages of planning applications from small garage extensions to major developments across our districts.
It’s a varied role, full of challenges and requiring enthusiasm, dedication, a drive to exceed performance targets and deliver excellent customer service. If this sounds appealing to you, this could be the role for you.
Registration Officer Responsibilities:
• Checking and validating forms, plans and fees against statutory requirements and securing additional or revised details as necessary
• Registering applications on the Council’s ‘Ocella’ computer system and issuing decisions
• Undertaking ‘Permitted Development’ checks on new applications
• Dealing with enquiries from members of the public and people involved in the planning process (e.g. developers, builders and agents), in person, by telephone and via email
• Undertaking and recording consultations on planning applications and amended plans
• Administration support for appeals and enforcement
Registration Officer Requirements:
• A minimum of one year’s general office experience in a role where telephone communication is fundamental to completion of your duties / tasks.
• Good IT skills, including e-mail, Excel and Microsoft packages and keyboard skills
• Good level of numeracy
• Ability to work accurately and proactively
• Good and effective communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to follow procedure
• Good attention to detail
• Ability to use your own initiative.
• GCSE’s in English and Maths, or equivalent level of qualification or experience
If you have the following experience or qualifications – it’s a bonus
• Registering planning applications using a computer system
• Knowledge of planning legislation
• Experience of working within a planning and building control environment
• Dealing with members of the public in person and by telephone • reading, interpreting and validating planning applications.
About the councils:
South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse District Councils are forward-thinking local authorities, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who can communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme.
Location: Milton Park, Oxfordshire, OX14 4SB
Job type: Full Time, Fixed term 18 month contract, 37 hours a week.
Salary: £22,579 per annum
Benefits: A basic 24 days annual leave per annum, rising to 29 days after five years. You also have all the bank holidays to look forward to and time off between Christmas and New Year. Flexible working and annualised hours – a flexible approach to work that our employees love! A career average pension scheme. No car park costs as there is ample free parking. The opportunity to purchase a bike through Cycle scheme. Various schemes to keep you healthy, including reduced gym membership and workplace exercise classes. We give you two days per year to volunteer within the local community.
Closing Date: 25th September 2020
Interview Dates: 1st and 2nd October 2020
You may have experience of the following: Planning Officer, Local Authority, Policy, Town Planning, Council, Planner, Town Planner, Legislation, RTPI, Neighbourhood Development, Office Assistant, Administrator, Administration, Building Control, etc.